Truma 3002 intermittent lighting problem

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by chrispidgeon, Feb 5, 2012.

1. chrispidgeon

chrispidgeon Read Only Funster

So, just a few little snagging issues with our 2011 Swift Escape....

Mainly concerning the Gas operation of the fire (and fridge).

What happens is that sometimes the fire lights within one or two clicks (manual piezo ignition), yet around 50% of the time, it will not light for the want of trying.

And possibly related, when lighting the fridge on gas, it always lights, but about half the time, will not stay alight even after holding the knob in for over a minute.

The Ultrastore lights quickly and stays lit every time, and the oven and hob is always fine (so far).

One thing I did try once when the fire would not light was to light a gas ring to draw the gas flow through, after which the fire lit straight away...was this just a coincidence?

And once, the fire was lit on gas, and the fridge would not stay lit, then I turned the fire off, and the fridge stayed lit???

FYI, used gas extensively in our prev. caravan without issue.

Any help would be mucho appreciated ...thanks

Chris

2. JJ

JJ Funster

I wonder if there is some kind of partial blockage in the gas supply to the fridge and heater.

Does each piece of equipment have its own dedicated feed pipe from a bank of gas taps?

Or maybe your regulator isn't letting enough gas through... (just a stab in the dark there)

JJ :Cool:

3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Could it be another truma regulator gas problem?

4. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Dumb question probably but are you on butane or propane? In this weather butane may not be suitable.... Could cause symptoms similar to these.

5. chrispidgeon

It's on Propane.

Funny thing is, I have just been in it to test it. I lit the fridge, no issues at all, then all the gas rings and the oven at full strength, and then the fire, which lit no problem.

I let all these things burn at max level for around 15 mins with no problems at all.....aaarrrrrggghhhh - why did it all work now, yet yesterday I had problems.

Booked in to dealer tomorrow for a general check over, but I don't think it can be the regulator?

We shall see.

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

I think you are suffering a case of S*D's law.
    You made the mistake of letting it know it was going in for a service, you can't expect it to play up to order, you should have taken it by surprise.

7. chrispidgeon

LOL I know. Just tried it all again - and everything was absolutely fine, so not sure whether to bother taking it in now......