Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just home from work and mine has arrived :thumb:

So now it's charging I've decided to download maps ready but I can't decide which maps (easily confused). [HI] Do I want the common map or (as I suspect) the truck map, or maybe both [/HI]:blonde2:

Also, can I have more than one country installed ?

Thanks folks
When I went into map update it appeared that the common and truck maps shared a common name so I just updated the truck map. It seems to work :Smile:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Can anyone help? Mine arrived at work today and I tried to download the maps but failed - they came up on screen as truck maps and also truck displayed at the top of the country list but the screen options were grey. I tried downloading and allowed pop ups but no downloads appeared. I was using Google Chrome and IE 6 or 7 but couldn't. Any ideas? To make matters worse, I left my password card on my desk so can't even try at home :(

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
When I went into map update it appeared that the common and truck maps shared a common name so I just updated the truck map. It seems to work :Smile:

The common map is used for car satnavs. You need the Truck maps as they have an additional file with a .ftr file type. I assume this has all of the restrictions on it.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Can anyone help? Mine arrived at work today and I tried to download the maps but failed - they came up on screen as truck maps and also truck displayed at the top of the country list but the screen options were grey. I tried downloading and allowed pop ups but no downloads appeared. I was using Google Chrome and IE 6 or 7 but couldn't. Any ideas? To make matters worse, I left my password card on my desk so can't even try at home :(

Did you click on the little black arrow on the right of the greyed "truck map" to select the country that you want to download.

John

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Did you click on the little black arrow on the right of the greyed "truck map" to select the country that you want to download.

John

I tried several options but thought that I was trying to do the European base map. Should I have done them country by country? It had Truck maps on both download options which confused me ....

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Ok just had mine delivered so sorry if this has been answered but how do I know what version or date the maps loaded on it are ?

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I tried several options but thought that I was trying to do the European base map. Should I have done them country by country? It had Truck maps on both download options which confused me ....

Strange, I don't get offered the European base map, this is a screen grab of the web page:

Attachments

• pnavi.jpg
    pnavi.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 73

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Strange, I don't get offered the European base map, this is a screen grab of the web page:

I tried these options and clicked both download buttons by all it gave me was a duplicate screen.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I can't try again until I retrieve my password from my desk at work and get home tomorrow evening. How long does the sat nav take to update once the files have been downloaded?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I bet we all have got the same id and password.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If you connect to your PC and look in primo/content/map you will see the version and date of the maps.

John

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Mine arrived yesterday put it on the charger for ages (6 hours) but didn't charge !!.Then tried it on the car charger worked fine anyone else had a problem?. Now had it on charge with the usb lead on an adapter plug overnight looks to be working better just trying to summon up courage to download the up to date maps

David

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Mine arrived yesterday put it on the charger for ages (6 hours) but didn't charge !!.Then tried it on the car charger worked fine anyone else had a problem?. Now had it on charge with the usb lead on an adapter plug overnight looks to be working better just trying to summon up courage to download the up to date maps

David

Mine took 4 or 5 hours to charge initially and others reported 5 hours or so. If the mains charger is faulty the indicator would not be working. If that is the case I should get in touch with Navibuzz for a replacement charger.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm on IGo9 and believe that I updated the UK maps yesterday. When I viewed About in Help via More in the Navigation menu, the Navigation Software says is dated May 11 2011. Is this the most recent that any of you have?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I used it twice today including the return from Blackpool to Leeds.
It was flawless this time and the most appreciable aspect is that when you go off course it re calculates lightning fast with a new route UNLIKE my tomtom 1005 which constantly tries to take you back even after 50 miles or more

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well, the reversing camera add on arrived yesterday morning. Opened the box..........It was smashed!! Thanks Mr Royal Mail to**er!!
Anyway, contacted Navibuz, sent them a piccy. No probs, they said, new one on the way to you.!
Quite impressed.

Attachments

• reversing camera.jpg
    reversing camera.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 51

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I'm on IGo9 and believe that I updated the UK maps yesterday. When I viewed About in Help via More in the Navigation menu, the Navigation Software says is dated May 11 2011. Is this the most recent that any of you have?

ver 9.6.5 dated 6 jul 2012

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Any idea what I need to do to update the version that I am using?

I did a google search for IGO downloads and found the one I am now using. I have now done another search and found an even newer version 9.6.13 dated 1/2013. which I am currently trying to get working.

It was on a site called Kickasstorrents probalby pirated.

John

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sacre Blurr Gents, we are getting proficient with these satnavs, aren't we.:thumb:
But not without the help of yourself and others too. Thanks to all who have helped :thumb:

A special thanks from me personally goes to Lunarman (John), for his help both on and off the forum. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock. :Smile:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Lunarman (John) exemplifies all that is great with this site. He has gone far beyond what could reasonably be expected in supporting and helping fellow members. Thank you John.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thanks2::thanks2::

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back