Truck Sat Nav (1 Viewer)

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on and off since 1980
I click on navigation, then confirm the vehicle, then find, then more, then coordinate. I typed in a coordinate and it found an Aire at Bergues that we have used. I dont think I have changed anything in settings yet.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Navibuzz

This is the message I received from Navibuzz yesterday.......

Hi bryan,

(Sic) thank you for your message.

pls note that this sat nav does not allow to inpout co-ordinates

best regards
Fiona

- navibuzz

and this is the unit I was enquiring about. It may well be that they have other units available which DO accept coordinates but surely they would have recommended another type..... or is that too much to expect. They did answer the question I asked !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Regards, bryan

PS: Have sent a link for this thread to "navibuzz" and invited them to provide answers to our questions.

B

The reply from "navibuzz" is below. They have been onto this thread and this is their advice,,,,,,, make of it what you will

hi Bryan

so much thanks for your telling and your link, we would take a look and thought about that

and it should be ok to put the coordinate, could you please have a try? please go "navigation--find---find coordinate", could you kindly have a try?

looking forward to your reply

regards
lizzie

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
The reply from "navibuzz" is below. They have been onto this thread and this is their advice,,,,,,, make of it what you will

hi Bryan

so much thanks for your telling and your link, we would take a look and thought about that

and it should be ok to put the coordinate, could you please have a try? please go "navigation--find---find coordinate", could you kindly have a try?

looking forward to your reply

regards
lizzie

Regards, Bryan

Hi Bryan

I bought my GPS from navibuzz. The actual unit being discussed in this thread looks to be exactly the same one as I have , only with different mapping installed . My unit has iGO 8 installed ( no truck mapping ) . I " think " the mapping has to be iGO Primo for the truck option . Regardless of which mapping is installed , the gadget will take co-ordinate input .

After the earlier posts and my suggesting the settings had to be in advanced mode rather than simple mode , I checked again . It is as I mentioned , simple mode = very basic input choices , street address etc . Advanced gives a further option of co-ordinate input . BTW , I just set mine up using " bus " option and "easy " route choice . Works fine , has taken us all over UK and France , Germany etc with no problems . In mainland Europe we always use co-ordinate input for trips. Has never failed and is spot on .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Would be very interested in knowing if co -ordinates can be put in. I haven't bought one yet so will watch this space.

They sat the answer is yes :thumb:

This is the reply to your question and others I am unable to clarify as I do not have access

The first, you need runing the map, click the "find"-->touch "More"(Bottom of the screen)--->choose the "Coordinate"
then enter the co-ordinates, next clik the "done"

If you want to add POI, there has two ways
1: find the address which place you want add as POI, then select city--->touch "More"(Bottom of the screen)--->add to favourites, it is ok
2: download the POI file from internet, then remove the sd card, put the sd card in the card reader, and find out the file name is "Content", open it, ---> find the POI file, open the poi file, --->put your POI file in. it is ok

:thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Thanks very much, will order when I get back from overseas. Good to know it takes co -ordinates

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Sorted! At least for me as the message, below, is quite fair saying that if it is not suitable I can return it, so will be ordering this unit in next few days >>>>>>>>>>

Link Removed

From "Navibuzz"
hi Bryan

thanks for your telling

it is with the coordinate function and if not you could return it , please do not worry

and any question we are here for help

regards
lizzie

- navibuzz

Will report back in due course

Regards, Bryan

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Sorted! At least for me as the message, below, is quite fair saying that if it is not suitable I can return it, so will be ordering this unit in next few days >>>>>>>>>>

Link Removed

From "Navibuzz"
hi Bryan

thanks for your telling

it is with the coordinate function and if not you could return it , please do not worry

and any question we are here for help

regards
lizzie

- navibuzz

Will report back in due course

Regards, Bryan

Is there a reason you are paying more than needed?

I contacted mine about map updates and they will notify me when an updat is available 10dollars for it on a 4gb :thumb: for me.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Is there a reason you are paying more than needed?

I contacted mine about map updates and they will notify me when an updat is available 10dollars for it on a 4gb :thumb: for me.

I do not understand any part of your post..... do you realise I am buying a sat nav

Bryan

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I do not understand any part of your post..... do you realise I am buying a sat nav

Bryan

Bryan you need to read through the posts on this thread the one I have is cheaper and has been mentioned on here and other related posts. I was asked in this thread some questions and replied in this thread. This is one of the posts

I have bought the same one as mentioned by Fidget and this thread

Mentioned here

7 truck sat nav

From Masaistore use link above

I have only just received it but seems vgood so far, not tried co-ordinates as yet, I am at Newark next weekend if any one wants a look. For the price it seems spot on. Time will tell :thumb:

Steve. :thumb:

maacracing

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
satnav

Hi we got one last year and has the truck setting on there also all works no problem.
Bluetooth, media player, satnav etc etc £50 Hongkong ebay seller:thumb:

Bowman

Free Member
Feb 12, 2011
South Northants
Funster No
MH
Fleetwood Pacearrow
Exp
Many years
We love ours bought off ebay. Works fantastic and arrived very quickly. no customs to pay, arrived as a gift free when we purchased the packaging :roflmto:

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
I purchased 1 from navibuzz. There was a dead pixel in the screen so they gave me a £15 refund. I've been on the web and downloaded an updated uk map, which is a zipped file. How do I get the zipped file info onto my gps? Sorry, but of a technophobe!:Sad:

OP
OP
R

Revk

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
swift Royale 630
Exp
Have decided to wait till next year and will see whats about then, we are staying this side of the english chanel this year but big tour planned for next year.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts/experience:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Eroda D7 Truck Sat Nav

we have just purchased the Eroda D7 TruckSat Nav from ebay.

It is quite fiddley with loads of menus.

The problem I have that when it is fully charged it only lasts about 10 mins on the battery.

The seller tells me this is normal and how it was designed to be.

I think i might have just had my pants pulled down.

Does anyone else have this model and if so how long does the battery last.

Neil

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we have just purchased the Eroda D7 TruckSat Nav from ebay.

It is quite fiddley with loads of menus.

The problem I have that when it is fully charged it only lasts about 10 mins on the battery.

The seller tells me this is normal and how it was designed to be.

I think i might have just had my pants pulled down.

Does anyone else have this model and if so how long does the battery last.

Neil

not sure about your model but mine will last for around 20mins thats all the thing is with all the info they have the batteries aint powerful enough but mine at 7" i would never use it unless it was in the mh and plugged in anyway

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
dennismartin, once unzipped how do I copy them onto the GPS - where do I drag them to?

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Supplying 5v to SatNav

Has anyone installed a converter to step the 12v down to 5v similar to

Link Removed

as an alternative to using a Cigar Lighter plug?

Would this give a neater installation on the offside dashboard than running a cable from the lighter socket?

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I have bought the same one as mentioned by Fidget and this thread

Mentioned here

7 truck sat nav

From Masaistore use link above

I have only just received it but seems vgood so far, not tried co-ordinates as yet, I am at Newark next weekend if any one wants a look. For the price it seems spot on. Time will tell :thumb:

I also got one of these last week, used it at weekend and it seemed ok, not tried it on coordinates yet but there is the provision to enter them.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I've been very happy with mine - much prefer it to the TomTom, but haven't yet worked out where and how to upload the POI's into it, apart from one at a time which is not good. But as a working sat nav - I can't fault it. Co-ordinates and post codes are easy to load - once you've got your head around how it works! :winky:

Battery last about 30 mins from full charge.

Actually, my only complaint is that it tells me when I'm over the speed limit by voice and not a discreet 'bong' so everyone in the van knows when I've been a naughty girl! :roflmto: - and it doesn't argue back when I tell it, very crossly, to 'Shut up - I know I'm over the speed limit!' :thumb:

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have just received one of the 7" truck gps from pnavi. The only thing I have found is that the maps on the unit are dated all 3/2011 or earlier. I have downloaded the latest uk and france maps from their website but the file sizes are identical which would indicate to me that they are the same.

Has anyone else noticed this. I am awaiting a reply from navibuzz on the subject.

Lunarman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back