Truck Nav Speed Camera alerts (1 Viewer)

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
We have recently purchased a Chinese Truck Nav from Nav Buzz. It is working OK apart from we do not know how to down load speed camera alerts. Can anyone tell us how to do this please.:thanks:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Mine has them built in with other PoIs.

Like any other types that can be downloaded they have to be converted to kml format before copying to the sat nav - details given on other threads by other posters.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
have I the wrong end of the stick? I thought you were not allowed to have these going thru Switzerland and other countries.

"It has always been illegal in France, as well as many other countries, to carry devices which work by detecting radar or infrared beams. All such devices must be removed from the vehicle before entering France. Devices such as satnavs, that simply use Global Positioning by Satellite (GPS) to locate cameras, are still legal in most countries in Europe except for Germany, Switzerland and Ireland, but France has now banned them as well. As stated above, all data relating to speed cameras in those 4 countries must be removed from satnavs.

There are some issues associated with the above changes, at least in France. For example, the Automobile Club de France has supplied the following information to the Caravan Club:

The police cannot force the driver to present his GPS and they cannot get inside the vehicle to direct the driver. They may ask to show them the GPS if it’s removable, but the driver is entitled to refuse without risking a fine.

This begs the question therefore of how the police can possibly enforce the regulation. There's also a question over the use of road atlases which show the location of fixed cameras. It's likely future editions will be prohibited from including the information but it's difficult to see how existing publications could be outlawed. In any case there appear to be ways round the ban. For instance it is suggested that apps on smartphones are unlikely to be affected as the police don't have the right to inspect your mobile phone without the local equivalent of a court order. However it is illegal to hold a mobile phone whilst driving (even if you're not actually making a call) so you'd need to have the phone somewhere where it could alert you without needing to be held.

And apparently satnavs and even old-style GPS radar detectors can still warn of "risk zones", and one presupposes you wouldn't find a fixed radar camera anyway else! It is thought this is the route that will be taken by most manufacturers of GPS-based devices. Radio stations, which previously asked listeners to phone in with details of speed cameras, now ask listeners to phone in "zones de risque" rather than "radars".

Note that in Switzerland, you can be fined for having prohibited data on your device even if the device is switched off and not in use.
"

I have made sure we don't have them on tom tom.
Now I am confused!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ahhhhhhhhh.......As Sherlock Holmes once said, "Being detected whilst committing a crime is a field only suited to either a lucky policeman, or a great detective......" :thumb:

Just avoid policemen wearing four leaf clovers.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Lucky you !!. Thanks to "Pwilmo" (and a mate who down loaded it) I now have a HUGE instruction manual that i have yet to read.In my innocence (stupidity ?) i managed to wipe the "Navigation Footpath ? from the set,BUT,"Doris" STILL kept shouting out in an ill tempered manner that i was "EXCEEDING THE SPEED LIMIT !!". Fair play,we are now in Portugal and Doris did play her part,only now,she doesn't shout out any more,but bells ring/buzzers buzz and a black square thingy comes up on the screen that according to my first wife says......... yes you guessed... YOU ARE SPEEDING.:Doh::Doh:

"Want to swop sets ? " :ROFLMAO:

No way.
Yet, if i do get to the part where it says "Disable Camera Info", i may well think Pass.
Tea Bag.
PS. A thousand thanks to Pwilmo for the super instruction booklet,i will be in touch again thank you.

OP
OP
Shazrick

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
I'm Sorry if my post is confusing, we only travel in the UK at the moment we are not brave enough to adventure to Europe yet. Its not as if I am a speeder, its the 30 mph ones that worry me. Thanks for your replies.

:thanks2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the manual for the chinese satnav is in downloads here
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Shazrick

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
Thank you for posting this link TheBig1 Hopefully this will be able to sort us out :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back