trouble with electrics (1 Viewer)

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi all
Got the van out of storage to get ready for peterborough .Have not actualy used the van since I bought it .It is a hymer 655t 2003.
Plugged into home electrics to try fridge etc every time switch fridge on trips all house sockets .Fridge works ok on gas
Any help would be appreciated.
Ray

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have an older Hymer with a three way fridge (gas, 12volts, 240 volts) and before I bought it the dealer had to replace the mains element to make the fridge work on hook up.

I suspect a possible fault might be a short on the element although I would have thought that would blow a fuse in the van (unless your house system is "faster" than the van's...)

Do all the other items work ok on the hook up?

JJ

Maybe you should make it to Peterborough having pre-arranged a check up with Ash or Mark (CLS.) Both are Funsters...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Could be your habitation battery is so flat, charger is pulling more than the house trips can cope with
Try disconnecting hab battery and try hook up and fridge again without battery being charged or charge it up with an independant charger then try
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Ray

If the other 230v sockets are ok in the van, then it points to a faulty 230v element or control circuit in the fridge.

It may just be dampness on the element connections but more likely it has 'blown' and gone down to earth..

If unsure about checking have it looked at by a competent person.

OP
OP
clarify

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for suggestions
Everything else works ok so will maybe get someone to look at it at peterborough for me
Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back