Trouble booking CC sites

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GeebeeJaybee, Oct 30, 2015.

1. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

The CC sites we are interested in are always fully booked at weekends and as we both work full time and will for at least the next 25 years then weekends are almost all we have.

So is this what you have to do - book a free day if they have it and hope other days become available? We are quite new to all this.

We wanted a certain site for next weekend but has been fully booked since we bought the MH in May. Now the Friday is available but not the saturday. Should I book Friday and hope for a Saturday cancellation?

Jen

2. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Have you tried calling the site direct? I do even if it shows full on the website.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Things that will help Funsters answer your question:
    Which site?
    Are you booking on-line, phone to central booking, or phoning the site direct?
    What is it about that particular site that you want? - someone may know of another one in the area/ or with the same facilities etc
    How far in advance are you able to (try to) book?

4. Zepp

Zepp Funster

We also do the same always got in most of the time

5. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Yeah but answer phone only.

Tried the online chat on the webiste that but that was hopeless

6. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Although for next weekend it is a specific site due to an event my husband has mountain biking - it was more of general moan I suppose that it seems people booked up numerous weekends at numerous sites on the off chance that they may want to go.

I will keep trying them on the phone. Thanks

7. colyboy

colyboy Funster

Join "Britstops"

colyboy

8. colyboy

colyboy Funster

Join "Britstops"

colyboy

9. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

I usually have to book in odd days and hope to build a full week etc, esp at York. It requires a lot of checking online though, or calling the site direct.
    I get in at York most of the time but last min.
    At moment York has free weekends for whole of Jan which is unusual.
    Because CC allow bookings which can be cancelled at last min 72 hours officially but in reality less happens with only an email reprimand I believe?
    We book loads of dates when available at York, but once booked we use them, don't cancel them but a lot do maybe if the weather isn't great? So it's probably same at other sites.

Lin :)

10. Lindacarole

Lindacarole Funster

When we spoke to one warden of a CC site that's always full, he said that the online booking did not include all the pitches but they had discretion to fill up the site. He told us to always ring as they will know if there are any spots left.
    Keep trying is my advice, although some sites do actually stop for lunch ....
    Linda

11. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

.... and some don't answer the phone at shower-block cleaning times (usually about 10-12)

• Like Like x 1
  12. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Added to which, although the earliest arrival time is always midday, you can guarantee that people will be arriving long before that.
    Of all the rules which I would like to see the wardens enforcing it's that one.
    The early arrivals should be told to sod off and come back at noon.
    Stef.

• Like Like x 1
  13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

We are members and as good as they are, they are not sites for a weekend break.. apples and pears.
    but to be frank, we haven't used very much and may not buy the book again.. For weekend or longer break, our preference is a CL..

Caravan Club sites are notoriously hard to book up which I'm afraid is a sign of the times.. Caravanning and motorhoming have never been so popular.. and there is a lack of good sites.. club or public... so we are seeing pitch prices rise.. year on year..

14. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

The CC open the booking lines in November for the following season, not much good if you want to get away on the spur of the moment but do what many of them do book a few spots for next year and cancel later if you can't make it as many of their members do, not. We plan to book York and a few others for next year as soon as.

15. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Caravan Club booking lines for 2016 open on Wednesday 9th December 2015 at the earlier time of 8am.

16. SteveB123

SteveB123 Funster

If CC charged a £5 booking fee refunded when you arrived on site it would stop the sites being booked up.

• Like Like x 5
  17. PeteH

PeteH Funster

HEAR HEAR. I know that is happening. 2005, we booked at Rowntree Park for Xmas 2006. When we arrived on the 22nd the site was "Fully Booked". We where the ONLY rig in our section until the 27th!! 10 vacant hardstanding places in all.

Pete

18. martin2603

martin2603 Funster

It is a problem with the CC , Brighton being one site which is always showing full at weekends. But I have gone down the telephone route, mostly with success.
    When you reach the magic age of being paid not to go to work, it will not bother you. They currently have mid week deals at half price on selected sites. We used the one at Malvern Hills. 4 nights £58.00 . Loads of space and beautiful views with the Autumn Colours, and lots of Pubs still in business in the area.

19. Littlewheels

Littlewheels Funster

Of all the rules which I would like to see the wardens enforcing it's that one.
    The early arrivals should be told to sod off and come back at noon.
    Stef.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, why don't they simply impose a £50.00 fine for these people that "miscalculated the journey" then give them " 3 stokes and ban them for 3 months" it does my head in, and in addition you get the "Wardens" that allow them in early to free the space at the entry point giving them the best choice of pitches before the are entitled.

PS. Three strokes!!! I do mean the whip!!!

20. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

youare just rubbing it in - at 40 this option is still way off and will probably get further away!