Trip to Lake Garda

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Neil, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Neil

Neil Funster

I have just purchased a 1993 Hymer 564 A class 2.5 Fiat turbo left hand drive and plan a trip to Lake Garda please can any one help with the best route as it has been some years since the last time we did this journey and it was with a caravan
    Also how easy is it to alter the headlights for driving on the right hand side of the road or is it easier to get stickers

2. wasp

wasp Funster

Its easier to put stickers on I`ve had mine for 5 years and never took them off :thumb::thumb:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

There are many routes but a direct one is Calais, take an aire around Metz, stop a couple of nights at Camping Lido in Luzern then Garda with Camping butterfly a delightful place.

See here:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/rallies-meets/14201-italy-lake-garda-may-2010-a.html

Can't help with the headlights.

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

See you there maybe :BigGrin:
    We go to Rovereto pretty much every year ( about 15 clics east of Riva del Garda )..
    we go Norfolk Line to Dunkirque, then up past Sarrbruken etc along the N40, then A8.. Over the Brenner and drop down towards Trento ..

We will be there from next Tuesday ( the 18th August ) for about a week before we move on to new parts :Smile: Anyone in the area who fancys a meet up my fone number is +44781 8822887

5. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

You can avoid the Austrian Tolls and the Brenner Pass Toll if you go via Reutte and the Fern Pass then Landeck and over the Reschen Pass. Free all the way to Bolzano.

Very good road for caravans or motorhomes and beautiful scenery.

Phil.

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

My route now updated !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: