Trip to France Finally a reality (1 Viewer)

samany

Free Member
Sep 3, 2009
cheltenham, glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
may 2009
We went first time last year and loved it.C'ant wait to go back,looks like it will be July this time but really looking foreward to it. Compared to roads i'ts apleasure to drive,almost got the boss behind the wheel, well maybe this time.
Enjoy the experience!!!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Well after months and months maybe years and Susie having her pet passport for nearly 2 years now have taken the desicion and booked the tunnel 17th April and we are in France for 2 months.
I wanted to go for the winter but was advised that it was just as cold northern France so I think we are all sorted, got all the nessesary equipment and the jabs (joke) we are ON OUR WAY YIPEE!!!!.
Cant wait now and aprehensive at the same time Tez is worrying about the roads and stuff but have realised that the trip is ON:thumb::thumb:
I hope and pray like most of you if not all of you have said he he will love it, I am the adventurer, and hope we dont look back.
here's hoping !!!!!:roflmto::roflmto:

I would recommending joining France Passion as well.
We are over there last week May for 16 days for our 6th Trip in 3years.
As others say, once you do it bet you do it again (and again):Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The only motorways worth trying are in Switzerland and Millau

I beg to differ; additionally there is the one that crosses the mouth of the Seine from Le Havre across the Pont du Normandie on the way to Honfleur.

I adore that bridge!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
The only motorways worth trying are in Switzerland and Millau

I beg to differ; additionally there is the one that crosses the mouth of the Seine from Le Havre across the Pont du Normandie on the way to Honfleur.

I adore that bridge!

It's a bridge..........................get over it

See what I did there?

::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
OMG :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: was that just impromptu? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Good for you Trish & Tez

Nikki and I have been travelling to France for over 20 years and im only 42 :Blush:,,

We love it, we dated there, we honeymooned there, we camped there, we caravanned there and we Motorhome there, Skied there, kyacked and canoed there, surfed there...

It truly is a wonderful place with some of the best roads in Europe, along with the nicest people you will ever meet. Sure there are some ignorant unfriendly smelly types, but they tend to be the British that are on holiday :ROFLMAO:

Here's a little advice from me. BUY A MAP....... get off the toll roads and go and explore real France. take a sat nav but try and navigate yourself.
If you see a few motorhomes parked up together its probably an aire, go and see if you can chat & talk to them, they will give you the general idea. Familiarise yourself with the sign for a camping car aire, and the restrictions so you know when you find one.
If you are not ready for aires, then use small sites, farm sites, Municiple sites they are great value.
Got an Iphone? then get the translation app in case you get stuck, lots of French speak English but do try and speak a little French, even if you just want to say hello and goodbye and order a coissant.

but most of all, enjoy yourself.:thumb:

WELL SAID:clap: my man haganap, I totally agree with You:thumb:...
Trish & Tez you will enjoy yourselves Honest.

Mel:thumb:

blueeyes

Free Member
Mar 14, 2011
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Sounds good Im sure you'll have a great time wish you a safe trip and look forward to reading all about your adventure. :Smile: sue

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Nousaimons La France !

One trip of four weeks last year.....::bigsmile:
Two booked for this year 23rd April for that week when I hear there is a wedding going on?:Blush:
Then 5 weeks in July :thumb:
Both trips through the Tunnel thanks to Tesco:Cool:
Totally worth the trip even from Aberdeenshire.

Love the Passions and the Aires

Take care and Enjoy

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Going on the 2nd June for about 6 weeks. Going on the ferry as OH doesn't allow Tesco vouchers to be spent on anything other than Xmas food, Ferry ÂŁ55 Tunnel ÂŁ91 (singles) for civilised sailing times.
We don't buy returns as we don't have a definite date for return, also singles seem to be cheaper if bought at the French end, last time ÂŁ32 Calais-Dover.
Going South at a leisurely pace avoiding motorways (even the free ones) via the alps, then the Med coast east to west, unless we change our minds/get lost en route.:Smile:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Tez is really not happy using Aires but I am waiting to see really and show him that they are nice places to be, well most of them!!!
We have the ACSI card and dvd so we are going to be using them a lot till we have been there for a while and he has spoken to a few people about this, I can see its the best way to go especially on price but I have to creep up on him gently. lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gently gently catchee monkey !!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Crafty lady I hear him say, but he will love me for it in the end, have to go round the houses with Tez and let him think he thought of it!!!!

I hope you have a splendid time, sounds like you have waited long enough. Now whats all this about Tez not being happy using Aires? Is it a safety thing or a facility thing. If its a safety thing then I can assure you that you will be safer on a French Camping Car Aire than a UK campsite and if its a facility thing then most have everything you need.

Do as much research as you can before you go. The Camping Car infos site has some great info on Aires and I would get the Book as well from Vicarous Books.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

http://www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/

We have had some great times in France and its our favourite country (well Greece as well)

Ive just finished my website, if you have a look at the first two entrys in the Blog there is loads of pictures and info on France

www.hankthetank.co.uk

Cheers
Barry

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Just visited your web site and read your blogs, Barry & Michelle. Brilliant!

Hope you have a great time, Trish & Tez. We are also planning to go to France this year.

Regards
Rob & Val

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Temptation wins !

I wasn't planning on going across La Manche this year but after reading all the posts I have realised that I just HAVE TO DO IT !!!! :shout: :shout: :shout:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I wasn't planning on going across La Manche this year but after reading all the posts I have realised that I just HAVE TO DO IT !!!! :shout: :shout: :shout:

Do you realise Stephen that funsters know a lot about France .....but hey.... only YOU know about a real nice cassoulet:winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp

US EXACTLY! We did intend to 'do' Dorset, perhaps Devon and Cornwall (I know that is too much) in June, after leaving the Norfolk Bash, but I really just have to go back to France. Devon and Cornwall is for pensioners (oops that's us), and we can do that in September, or next year or maybe never but I really want to 'do the Vendee' this year. I might get run over by a bus before next year. Due to high fuel costs, I'd like to find somewhere to stay a week, move on, stay a week and so on, coming back early July. Can't wait. :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back