Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
So much to see and so little time

I quote this sentence from one of the replies and so right this is !!!

We have safely returned home today and work starts again on monday :cry:

Have seen a lot, have been to the Shepton Mallet meet :thumb:

Have met lovely and friendly people all over the country !!

Watch out... we will return to this island !!!

Thanks for all the information we have received from you, this forum should really develop to a more international one !!!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Glad you and Ineke and Giddy enjoyed your time over here, mind i think the sun shone for most of your trip.........maybe you had better come back again and bring more of the sun with you. We enjoyed meeting you all at Shepton and the sun was on its best behavour, it was a lovely warm weekend.

come back soon and see more of our little country

maggie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have met lovely and friendly people all over the country !!
Watch out... we will return to this island !!!

Excellent. We get the same treatment on mainland Europe ( usually ) so it's good for it to work the other way. And by God, we need your money !

We are ready to point you in the right direction next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Peter,

You have stolen Ineke's hart with the BODIAM castle

:thumb:

Bodiam looks nice from the outside but is an empty shell. Likewise Leeds Castle which has an interior which might be described as 'unsympathetically modernised'. I would try Hever Castle (family home of Anne Bolyn) which is much more historically interesting, with excellent grounds (two moats and a lake), and in the same area.:RollEyes:

British camp sites especially in the South do get very booked up in advance especially weekends and July/August. It is probably wise to book sites in advance, though this is rather against the spirit of touring.:Angry:

OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Nearly Retired,

HaHa, I hope to retire in 1-1/2 year !!!

Ineke has noted Hever Castle for our next trip, thanks :thumb:

We are now looking at a combined use of our SatNav, which brand is Navigon, and Microsoft MapPoint.
Worked great during our trip to England

The advantage of MapPoint is that you dont need an internet connnection, and an unlimmited number of Poi's can be used and is outputted on a laptop screen which is much more human friendly than the little SatNav screen :roflmto:

Now trying to add a database which can include pictures and remarks :shout:

It is all about combining the millions of poi's available into a working userfriendly environment. Working on it and as soon as I have made a proper "way to go" i will open a thread on this item

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Tut tut no ne metioned about London,becareful if you stray into the Congestion Zone if you are going to London ,if your Going from Dover to Ashford from dover look for Ashford signs and from Ashford you want the M20 to Maidstone Leeds Castle is sign posted,if your going Round the South Battle is a small town i mean small nice Abbey but you wont be allowed in there as its term time and used as a School,the Battle of Hastings was in the Field Behind a place to vist if you like Castles one is Bodium large carpark that is on the Staplecross Rd,if you like Steam trains there is a museum not far from Bodium ,look for sings to Tenterden,a place you may like down South is Hever Castle Hever Castle - The childhood home of Anne Boleyn been there quite nice that is on the A21 out of London if on M25 use junction junction 5[thats when you finished with London] another place too Visti is Bewl Water there is a camp site next to it again this is on the A21 Cedar Gables Camping Reviews, Wadhurst Campsites you can use this site to find others in the area look for web link so you can see ,Link Removed

heres Bewl Water BEWL WATER sailing and fishing attraction in Kent :thumb: have fun when you come over

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back