Trio Gas Alarm .

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ralph-n-Bev, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

As some of you know Ralph's converting our own Peugeot .
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/trio-gas-alarm-black.html
    He's putting in lots of bits n bobs and man gadgets. One thing I asked for was a hard wired gas alarm. He chose the trio. Above.

Whilst away , unfinished I may add, last weekend we had to use a camping stove. We opened a roof light and realised the gas canister was empty. So he changed it over. A little bit of gas escaping from the cassette. A minute later beep beep beep beeeeeeep.:Eeek:
    Ooo the alarm works well , we thought.
    Anyway, I digress.
    Ralph came home from work last night. Had his tea and went out into Pug , to put some shelfs in the overhead cupboards and sort out the wooden door hinges , he's had so much bother with.
    I'd made a meal in our slow cooker. Chicken thighs peppers onions olives potatoes tomatoes , drop of red wine. Very nice.

Must have given Ralph a bit of wind though.
    He pooped and a minute later beep beep beep . The gas alarm went off. :Eeek:
    He couldn't believe it. So he re set it and when he wanted to do another , went to it and did it right at it . Beep beep beeeeeep !

Are they supposed to go off with farts ? Is it over sensitive. It's supposed to do all types of gas . I suppose it's doing what it says on the tin :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3. Ethle the wondervan

Ethle the wondervan

Yes. As soon as my Trio alarm arrived in the post, being an inquisitive sort, I hooked it up to a 12v battery and shoved it down my trousers.

As soon as I 'went off', It went off. Brilliant!

4. bjandlin

bjandlin Funster

Ours seems very good, senses Lin hair or deodorant sprays with the loo door closed. Quite reassuring!
    Barrie.

5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We use a deodorant stick and I don't use hairspray, do that's 2 less things to set it off. Thank goodness.
    Thing is buster did the same at the weekend. We had to open the windows ! That nasty naff didn't set it off. Weird.

6. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

Probably your trio alarm on alerts to human farts and not animal ones:moon2: