trikers (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Have just purchased this>>Link Removed to use as secondary transport when on sites...don't care if you do call me the oldest swinger in town at 65 i feel like a 25yr old..problem is i can't find one:ROFLMAO:Anyone else take their trike/motorbike with them??...Dave

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am so green right now it looks the canines spherical objects just gotta get yourself the gear now bandanna leathers boots your gonna love it:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Dont think it will fit on your scooter rack dave:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
nice one .keep thinking about finishing one i have in the garage. but too many toys already. if anyone is interested i have a mould for vw trikes ,aluminium tanks etc mould comes out in a gelcoat no painting. few sets forks .nearly enough bits for 3 trikes ,stainless buggy pipes. bars, switches ,.
used to build full time but packed in a few years ago .you may see kernow trikes still going around. have fun dave i did and still do .
worse thing is they charge for a car when you use a ferry .
cheers alan.
i take a dax in the 5er ,would like to take the drifter but its 8ft 6 long and weighs 300 and odd kg.

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
That's a great looking trike Dave, here's a picture of mine which I tow behind motorhome.

John.

Link Removed

Now that IS nice John..looked around for one of those myself but never saw one for sale or in that condition...then i spotted the Rewaco on fleebay at a good Yorkshire price:ROFLMAO:..Can i ask you who you insure with? because the brokers for trikes seems to be in the hands of one company...Adrian Flux...also how do you tow it?...The trike doctor does a jockey unit @ £285...Dave:thumb:

tyrangie1

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Trike Insurance

Now that IS nice John..looked around for one of those myself but never saw one for sale or in that condition...then i spotted the Rewaco on fleebay at a good Yorkshire price:ROFLMAO:..Can i ask you who you insure with? because the brokers for trikes seems to be in the hands of one company...Adrian Flux...also how do you tow it?...The trike doctor does a jockey unit @ £285...Dave:thumb:
Whittlesey insurance or Carole Nash cover insurance for Trikes, have always used Whittlesey for myself and the missus :thumb:

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Whittlesey insurance or Carole Nash cover insurance for Trikes, have always used Whittlesey for myself and the missus :thumb:

Phoned Carole Nash and they wanted £1000 liability...had reply from Bikesure quote was £450 with £300 liability not sure if that is good or bad when i don't have anything to compare it with...Dave:thumb:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Dave I'm insured with Bike sure(Adria Flux) Just over £300 Guaranteed value of £26,000,
I also use the Trike Doctors device, It's brill. Do you log onto his Forum loads of info on there, He is also a great bloke if you need any work doing.

John.

http://Link Removed

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi Dave I'm insured with Bike sure(Adria Flux) Just over £300 Guaranteed value of £26,000,
I also use the Trike Doctors device, It's brill. Do you log onto his Forum loads of info on there, He is also a great bloke if you need any work doing.

At the moment i'am on this forum>>http://www.yorkshiretrikers.co.uk/ Phoned T/D to get his advice on Rewaco spent about an hour...was very helpfull:thumb:
Part of my problem with ins is i do not have any ncb for bikes and i'm driving it on my car licence..so realy £450 on a 12k bike is not bad.
Because of front end weight on your trike do you use a ramp?..would not fancy lifting that lump on and off:ROFLMAO:...Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best is use a single spec fitted to tow bar with extra bits welded on to keep it firm. you can driv on to them with a vw trike the front is so light. remember they are all illegal as it as back brakes fitted and should work .even on less than 750kg. i have traveled many miles with mine while delivering new or going to some shows etc ,never been stopped but could have been. have a good story ready you thought under 750kg was ok . once came home from a show and the clutch went on the van .so i had to power the whole lot from the trike while my misses steered the van it worked. very slowly though. have fun ,bet you got a smile on your face just thinking about going for a ride. cheers alan.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004

At the moment i'am on this forum>>http://www.yorkshiretrikers.co.uk/ Phoned T/D to get his advice on Rewaco spent about an hour...was very helpfull:thumb:
Part of my problem with ins is i do not have any ncb for bikes and i'm driving it on my car licence..so realy £450 on a 12k bike is not bad.
Because of front end weight on your trike do you use a ramp?..would not fancy lifting that lump on and off:ROFLMAO:...Dave

Yes Dave I have a ramp but rarely use it as the Harley engine is powerfull enough to push the front wheel up and I have reverse gear fitted so it also reverses off without ramp.

John.

Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there was a similar trike called a grinnal speedster based on bmw bikes used front end from a fiesta i think . havnt heard of them for a while.
really its the grinnal scorpion and its still available by grinnal cars

Last edited:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
What you need is one like Emilys. Cheap to run, enviromentally friendly, keeps you fit and lots of fun ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Attachments

• P240510_19.53_[01].jpg
    P240510_19.53_[01].jpg
    195 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
It finally arrived this afternoon after waiting since last friday...I was like a 2yr old dieing to get on it but had to wait another hour while the chap went through everything with me...then he said "Jump the back"...I did and we were OFFFFFFFFF!!!...kinell what ride..we were only out 15 minutes...shit myself 3 times...that lump moves...When he left i had my first solo run..wore incontinance pad..but came back dry...will wear that one again tomorrow after it's had another polish...Dave

Will have to get a towball fitted John then order one of those trailers..Thanks

Attachments

• !Bs--YvwCWk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEvFvq)BReBL6E(3ZbWw~~_3.jpg
    !Bs--YvwCWk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEvFvq)BReBL6E(3ZbWw~~_3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 31
  • !Btr3zQQEGk~$(KGrHqUOKjUEvMPI1h!,BL9BFJQqt!~~_3.jpg
    !Btr3zQQEGk~$(KGrHqUOKjUEvMPI1h!,BL9BFJQqt!~~_3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 28

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, somebody is knocking up the type of spec frame i have here,much cheaper ,no wheels it does add abit of weight to van but not much as your main weight is on back wheels. they were on ebay or on an old thread on here i think .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi dave ,here is two ebay no.....250627819869 or 110525289945 both similar to what i have here i use mine with trikes and motor bikes .had mine years made it myself .copied an rac intertrade one. they have no brakes but never mind never been stopped ,,,yet,,, cheers alan.

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
What you need is one like Emilys. Cheap to run, enviromentally friendly, keeps you fit and lots of fun

How did you know my wife...she has all those factors:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
The one on E bay that Alan as given the details is no good for my trike as the weight of my front end would put to much load on my tow bar, but the one with the wheels from trikedoctor puts no load on the tow bar. You should be ok though Dave as your's a rear engined trike.

John.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
john and i had this discusion awhile ago .his front end is heavy and he didnt wantto load the van. .all i say is i,m sure you can lift your front end with one hand. i used to run a half beetle trike with the roof cut off ,still the front end was very light. hardly put anything on the towbar. the worst is the no brake bit. but as i say never got stopped and did lots miles towing trikes n bikes .to tow bikes you strap the h,bars to your bumper . my mate made an extra frame totie his up higher .

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
This is Merilyn's Goldwing trike. We take either this or my solo.

Attachments

• tn[1] (2).jpg
    tn[1] (2).jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
This is Merilyn's Goldwing trike. We take either this or my solo.

Nice outfit..What do you use for towing it on the back of m/h..got over my towing prob with the unit from Trike doctor but Movan's trike is auto and is at a lose as to what to use...wondered if you might have any ideas...Dave

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We have an Excalibur trailer which is an American design made under licence in Germany on an Al-ko chassis.

Attachments

• Trike-2.jpg
    Trike-2.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 8
  • van and trailer.jpg
    van and trailer.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 74

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.