Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
yep that's right Trigano, who own Auto trail now own Adria, having just got rid of an AT and bought an Adria, I ask the Slovenian border control to stop any AT staff entering Slovenia, and ruining a great product ,,,,, that's me on the naughty boy step

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Where have Trigano (who have a similar turnover to Adria) found the dosh from to buy out two major constructors in one week? I hope they haven't overstretched themselves or there may be troubles ahead.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Where have Trigano (who have a similar turnover to Adria) found the dosh from to buy out two major constructors in one week? I hope they haven't overstretched themselves or there may be troubles ahead.
Auto-sleepers were brought out before, by Sea I think, that did not go too well. A management buyout brought it back int British ownership. If Trigano have overstretched themselves and it goes belly up could be a good opportunity for Auto-Trail to come back into British hands and sort out their quality issues.

Reactions: f6c

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
O no they don't our rollerteam made by the trigano group leaked from the day we had it failed the damp test every year new in 2013 sold in 2016 ray xx lol still lol the only leek I won't is on ST DAVIDS day :heartbreak::madder:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Auto-sleepers were brought out before, by Sea I think, that did not go too well. A management buyout brought it back int British ownership. If Trigano have overstretched themselves and it goes belly up could be a good opportunity for Auto-Trail to come back into British hands and sort out their quality issues.
I see that SEA were brought by Trigano in 2013. "What goes around comes around"

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

Chinese Dosh?. Seems most buyouts recently are backed by Chinese Money?.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Can't quite understand this if the managment buyot bought them into British hands and being British would help quality control they would be sorted already. Perhaps being part of a big group with better quality control will help more.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Can't quite understand this if the managment buyot bought them into British hands and being British would help quality control they would be sorted already. Perhaps being part of a big group with better quality control will help more.
I was referring to Auto-Trail rather than Auto-Sleepers. It would appear that Autotrail's quality issues have become an issue under Trigano's control. I have no first hand experience of Autotrail but reading forum comments it appears quite a lot of posters are less than happy with their motorhomes.
However, having worked in the motor trade for many year I do understand that you only hear about the bad vehicles and that there will be many happy Autotrail owners.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Trigano make good vans.
Autotrail are only a very small part of their business.

My Trigano Tribute was rubbish,,no insulation,,rubbish foam in beds etc etc.BUSBY.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My Trigano Tribute was rubbish,,no insulation,,rubbish foam in beds etc etc.BUSBY.

Autotrail also have no insulation for Autotrail to say they are fully winterised is a total fabrication.
People say you should never say never but unless Autotrail do a total rethink on how they put this product together we will never buy another.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Our Chausson is a Trigano product. No problems at all.. well made .. winterised. . Good fittings .. dry ... nice design (for us).

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

Nothing wrong with our Trigano built Chausson.
I wouldnt be taking it skiing next month if it was an AutoSleeper.
Not slagging yours off, but trying to point out that a large manufacturer with many brands can make the odd lemon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back