Tricky Grey Waste Pipe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by CJB, Aug 28, 2014.

1. CJB

CJB Funster

Afternoon,

I have what I think is a strange grey waste outlet. It is presented on a rigid hose that has a thread on the end and it is 32mm diameter, but most bizarre is that it only sits about 6 inches off the ground, so I can't get a bucket under it.

So I was hoping to get some sort of fitting that would connect to the 32mm end and provide an extension using flexible hose. So far the best I have managed to come up with is a larger than 32mm flexible hose that I attach to the rigid hose and be held in place by a jubilee clip.

I could then put the other end of the hose in a bucket and the downward pressure would push the majority of the water up the pipe and in to the bucket.

Looking for a more elegant solution, any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

A lot these days are designed just to feed into a grid.....drive up level, open valve. My old Hymer was the same, but I modified it by Arelditing a hose connection on. Did this by getting a 'fluted' pipe connector off fleabay, (30mm I THINK), coating it with Araldite, then tapping it into the pipe with a soft faced hammer. Finally, running my finger inside, just to smooth out the glue. Has been there for 12 months now, no probs. Now, the 32mm pipe slides on, with a nice 'fit', to hold it in place.(y)

PS, if the pipe has a threaded end, try this place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOSETAIL-...ondsWaterFeatures_UK&var=&hash=item27cc685a60

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Or just leave it slightly open as you are driving around :whistle: :reel:

• Like Like x 2
  4. B-well

B-well Funster

or leave it slightly closed driving around the estate:reel::reel::doh:

5. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Mine is similar and has an internal thread, which turned out to be 1" (well that's what the plumber told me!). He sold me a fitting with an external thread and an outlet onto which I jubilee-clipped a standard washing machine outlet hose. So if I can't get my waste container (I actually use one of those square black plastic 5-gall containers with a top and side filler) under the pipe, or there's a waste drain point nearby, I simply screw it in. The flexible hose also stretches and contracts, saving me storage room too.