Trickle charge/fridge wattage.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Kanberlingo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Kanberlingo

Kanberlingo Read Only Funster

I've recently received from British Gas an energy monitor FOC. So having set it up, I was surprised at the increase in wattage showing on the gauge when I plug the MH in to the mains prior to going away, ie cool the fridge etc.

With the MH unconnected to the house mains & nothing of significance switched on, I get a reading of app. 131 watts of background energy being used, when I then plug the MH hook-up into the mains, it shoots up to 300 watts.:Eeek: The fridge is a full sized one & includes a freezer compartment. Still seems a lot.

Any ideas?

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

sounds about right to me.. a small fridge uses 125watt .. a large one like ours uses 300 watt, plus your battery charger which will depend on what it's doing.. 50 watt or more

3. Kanberlingo

Kanberlingo Read Only Funster

Cheers for that. I'm must be showing my age. Instead of getting the info sheets out & trawling through 'em, I figured I'd post up. Well, I am getting the MH ready for a short away break. Can't really say a holiday now. Being retired, we go away when we feel like it. So what phrase would one use for that situation, instead of a holiday. Bit off-post, but, hey-ho. (suggestions on a postcard to ..........):Rofl1:

Cheers

BeeJay

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009