Tricked by the weather (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
As I am fortunate enough to be able to park the MH at home I can plug in the electrics to the house. I do this in winter between trips to keep the heat on low and keep the batteries topped up.
In the Spring/Summer months I just leave the solar panel to take care of the batteries, with, of course, no heating on.
As the weather seemed to have taken a turn for the worse I decided to hook up this weekend and was clearing an access route in the garage to be able to get to the sockets easily. Where does all that junk come from that you think you need ? When low and behold, the weather forecasters are promising us good weather again, so no need for the hook up yet.

I bet when I need the hook up the junk has mysteriously crept back into the garage again. :Confused:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It isn't being fortunate enough to be able to park the MH at home. It's just the normal, sensible forward planning we do in this part of the world :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When and where have you moved to Graham ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It isn't being fortunate enough to be able to park the MH at home. It's just the normal, sensible forward planning we do in this part of the world :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There might be something in that.

We had plans to keep our first motorhome at home.

Only to find our drive was too small by about 3 metres

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Who needs a Tape measure?......

.................all you have to do is buy a house with a slightly larger drive and an acre or so of freakin grass to cut and trees to lop and leaves to blow and sweep.

You might even find yourself investing in half a mile of "gutter Hedgehog" in the vane hope that this will help somehow.

After all those years of Marina life, where all I needed was a brush for the small patio, I've had to buy a ride on mower coz my knees are knick-knacked and there is no way I'm cutting all that with a push mower.

........Why don't you get a garden tractor too, complete with a trailer to carry all the logs back to the house.

..........You'd better get one of those chain saws and a branch lopper extension to your petrol strimmer oh and one of those handy back-pack leaf blowers, that way you'll have the garden done in no time....she says.

.....Many of you think your wives are 'Angels' well you're lucky...........
...........................Mine; still alive (but only just)

............only Joking, wouldn't change her for the World, . . . . a John Deere Gator maybe....

Link Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We did actually think about buying a house with a bigger drive.

Thankfully common sense prevailed ( eventually)::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We moved to this house from one with no parking. As we both had Cavaliers and No 1 son had a Mini at the time, one of the attractions was a long and wide drive. The only car we have now is a Fabia 2 but the size of the drive means it's still easy to park the Burstner and get past to the garage :thumb:

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We needed an extended drive (into the rear garden and a bit of the front widened) and a new set of gates to lock the MH in. Discovered this AFTER we bought our first MH.

Forward planning ? I don't think so :Doh:

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Don't mention gates. Jill wants a new front wall with wrought iron railings and gates so don't mention gates or I'll be in bother again.

Oh 'eck, too late :roflmto:

Just knock the lot down and have open plan. So much easier to maintain ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have to pay for storage, but a small advantage in that the absence of the motorhome from our drive isn't advertising that we are away.
The ideal would be somewhere with a big barn to park it in out of site, not much chance of that.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We have to pay for storage, but a small advantage in that the absence of the motorhome from our drive isn't advertising that we are away.
The ideal would be somewhere with a big barn to park it in out of site, not much chance of that.

Luckily (or not !) our son lives at home and works in our small town, so someone is always around.
Being friends with our neighbours helps as we look after each others property, to the point where we have keys for each others houses, and we know that someone will be keeping an eye out for us. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back