LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm edging ever closer to actually buying a MH...
First stage a weeks rental.

Thinking I'd like to visit Lincoln city for perhaps a couple of days, and then surrounding area...
The trialling of the van & style of site is more important than destination.

Suggestions please on best sites;
I'd like to trial...
1. A site within easy public transport links of the city
2. Recommended CL/CS site (especially one accessible to a rental van)
3. A good "full service" site with excellent facilities
4. A "Brit Stop" (or similar). I will be subscribing once I buy my own van.
5. Wild Camping - any location you recommend a noob might feel safe enough for his first wild camping experience?

Please PM if your suggestions are, perhaps, not for general consumption - eg wild camp recommendations.

Exciting times.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
When are you thinking of going to Lincoln? There is Hartsholme Country Park campsite but that doesn't open until 1st March.
Link Removed

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I would agree with both of the above.

By way of a contrast, google 'Camping Woodhall Spa' & 'Camping Tattershall'. There are a whole range of sites in that area, of all different types.

Where are you thinking of renting from? Camper UK do rentals as well. Must be a deal in the offing there!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
DON'T Do what I did last year and go to the show a week too early and find a pop festival going instead. I did get to stay in the Lincoln Car park by the station. with the back by the water, and have a little look around the city trying to find it.

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Well I think the elements of a plan are coming together... (y).
Thanks to all the Funsters who have contributed on this, and my other (Reputable Dealer?) thread.
I'm probably going to rent a small Moveo P6 from a local Commercial & MH Autotech centre towards the end of the month.
I'll spend the first night on my drive, ensuring I don't gas myself or freeze my butt off.
Then I'll pootle off to Lincoln, probably staying a couple of nights at either the CampersUK site or the Hartsholme one, and one night at the other.
I'll attempt public transport (bus) from the country park and also see what it's like driving into & parking from the CamperUK site - I've read up about MH friendly carparks in Lincoln. See how that goes.
Then I might drift down to Woodhall Spa area - see if I can book a CL site on the day for that night.
I've got a couple of "Pub Nightstops" in mind - one in Whaplode St Catherine (a brewery :D), and one a bit further afield in Beachamwell, Norfolk.

I'd be very pleased if someone could possibly suggest a potential "Wild Camping" spot - please pm if you want to be discrete - in the Stamford, Lincolnshire area, that I might be brave enough to try my hand at... Safe is obviously the main criteria, so it doesn't need to be picturesque etc, it'd just be getting a sense of how I feel about it.

Any other CL/Site, Nightstop suggestions gratefully received.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You can park at the station carpark if you grab a space with rear overhanging the grass area, I only took one space and mine is 7mtr.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back