Trem bike carrier parts for a Sea Newlife (1 Viewer)

Johnbot

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Afternoon folks!

I'm new around these parts, so please excuse me if I am doing this backwards/ in the wrong section etc.

I recently bought a second hand Sea Newlife camper, 2007 plate if it matters. Anyway it came with a Trem bike rack, but only part of it. It is missing an upside down U section that the bikes would fasten to. At the minute it is just the part where the bike wheels rest. Being an avid mountain biker its quite important to me that this gets solved.
So I tried searching this forum after registering but it wouldn't let me, i have done other research which is all turning into a dead end. Trem don't have a public facing department and there are no UK dealers that i can find, or even importers. Unless any of your good people know how I could get my hands on Trem parts?

I think the Trem carrier fits into Sea created fixing points in the van but i could be wrong. The points are 1070mm apart. And I would like to have kept the same carrier so that I dont have to try to cover up the holes left because sure as campers are fun they wont use the same dimensions if I went for a different kind of bike carrier.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, John

OP
OP
J

Johnbot

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Tried it mate, all of Fimma's parts seem to be 600mm with bars to suit rather than the 1m plus that this trem one is.

Would a coachworks be able to make one for me do you think? All it is is a U bar with a coulple of 7mm approx holes for bolting it up and a couple of small bracers for stability

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Johnbot

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Specifically it looks like this, shot in the up position, but you can see the bars im banging on about

H3nTZt5l.jpg

Thanks jhorsf but the problem with Trem is they dont deal with consumers directly, just wholsale to companies like Sea

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Would a coachworks be able to make one for me do you think?

Easily. Not so much coachworks, can't be many of those, but any sheet metal firm.

Plan B. Buy some aluminium tube and jigsaw it in half. Or aluminium channel if you don't mind ugly.

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, Nice to know we are not the only ones with a Sea New Life. The bike rack is the same as in picture so know the part you are talking about .Bought ours new from Marquis motor homes Berkshire who at the time dealt with Sea but don't think they do now. Might be worth a call to see what they can do. 01635 248888.Good luck :Smile:

OP
OP
J

Johnbot

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Thanks frankie! Great van for me and my young family, and hopefully my mates and our bikes! Ill give them a call and see what happens. Failing that i'll bodge something together with pipe

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if you mean the rails the wheels sit in they look more or less identical to fiamma ones
like these Link Removed
this shows the rails at 124 cms long
Link Removed
l

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I happen to know that Sea do not have a single dealer in the UK. The nearest dealers are in Belgium or Holland and we know this for a fact, because we'd seen a new Sea at a dealers in France when we were in the market for a new van and quite liked the look of it so wanted to find out about them.

I emailed Sea and that's what they told me. So we decided to forget em!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back