Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
northants
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
long time
hi iam at the newbury show looks like we have found a m/h that would suit us from travelworld its a hymer m/h .
any one got any info on travelworld and hymer before i part with my money
thanks

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
hi iam at the newbury show looks like we have found a m/h that would suit us from travelworld its a hymer m/h .
[HI]any one got any info on travelworld and hymer[/HI] before i part with my money
thanks

Yes
Travelworld is a dealer and Hymer is a motorhome :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
They rate 7.8 out of 10 from 3 positive and 1 negative review on the MHF website, read what you will from that, not a lot to go on. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Be very careful there service is not very good . A friend of mine has just bought a brand new n+b over ÂŁ100k and to say he is not satisfied is a big understatement. A lot of problems and it seems that they have not done a pre inspection on the van. Heater not working, cooker not working, and numerous other faults. You have been warned:Eeek:.

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Well we bought our first ever motorhome from them, a N&B arto 18 months old. I must say if this is what it is all about I probably would not buy one again.
The salesman was new and although our first time, I new more about motorhoming than him (We hired a few times)
We had numerous Issues which showed that they had not inspected the van. All in all over 3 months we had about ÂŁ5,000 worth of work done under warranty. Which actually was with an insurance company called gateway. Not covered by travel world at all.
Whilst we love the van, I would not buy from travelworld again. It seems to me that once I had parted with the money, I became a big thorn in their side.
I am not the complaining sort, by the way, but the question was asked.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Be very careful there service is not very good . A friend of mine has just bought a brand new n+b over ÂŁ100k and to say he is not satisfied is a big understatement. A lot of problems and it seems that they have not done a pre inspection on the van. Heater not working, cooker not working, and numerous other faults. You have been warned:Eeek:.
I agree with all the negative views and I can confirm that once our deal was completed the aftersales service was so bad we ended up going to Dudleys in Oxfordshire who couldn't do enough for us.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just comparing the above with my experience with Johns Cross. We had one weeny fault on our new van which was nothing at all to do with the dealer. It had been thoroughly checked and cleaned( I witnessed the cleaning).

If I were you, I wouldn't take the risk.

Go with a 100% recommended dealer:thumb:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Get on Auto-trader and see if any other dealers are selling a similar van. How close are you to Telford if you get a problem?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our experience with Travelworld after sales was excellent. We had a serious problem with our slides three months after we bought our Georgie boy from them. They spent a fortune in time and materials putting it right for us, no complaints at all.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I must agree with Jim. I bought my second Hymer from Brownhills Prteston,6 months later they closed,Travelworld weren't appointed an agents then. I had to go to Newark for my Hab/damp check. I suffered the recent Hymer/Hella problem of a crazed headlight unit cover and the Travelworld had been appointed agents and they were closer to me than Newark,who had been downgraded to a service agent only. They sorted out the warranty issue within a few days and we went down and the work was done in less than an hour. The site in on an industrial estate but they have a comfortable lounge to wait in with WiFi and tv.
Early days yet as I have another service at Newark to comply with warranty,but I will got to Travelworld again. Additionally they appear a lot cheaper for Hymer spares than some of the other dealers.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Would never buy from them again.bought a RV from them. They said it had been serviced and checked before we took delivery of it. It had not as the filters on there were still the ones Dudleys used when they used to look after it. They were very quick to take our money though. I don't recommend them. Go else where for better service.

OP
OP
S

slimbob

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
northants
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
long time
well thanks for the replys .it looks as if my feeling towards them was right .
it looks like we will try and find another dealer as we are used to frist class service having had all our work done by johns cross .

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
travelworld

hi there guys i can only speak as i find and we bought a fourwinds windsport from travelworld and had no problems with them.dealt with Ross and Annabel.all the warranty work was carried out very well and they give us a good price on our part ex.also found the servicing very reasonable as well.all the dealers have their pluses and minuses.we have our own business in the motor trade and you cant get it right all of the time.all you can do is put the problems right when they happen:thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Travel world

I can only comment from my own dealings with them and found the service to be excelent.

After buying our van from them we had a problem in the first month with a cable gland on the roof (solar/sat) one phone call later they came and collected our van and returned it three days later and we live in Lincolnshire.

Much better service than from the Autotrail dealer in Newark where we bought a new Chieftain and had 2 years of Hell.

Like I say, I can only comment on my experience, but should I choose to change my van again then they would definately be one of my first points of call.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back