Travelling Companion (1 Viewer)

L

looking

Deleted User
I am new to the web and not sure abouut how to go about getting information . I am a Male aged 72. I would like to get in contact with moterhome people or get a motorhome magazine. I would like to visit America and do some travelling in a motorhome but can not buy one. I have had a number of motorhome over the last 40 years and have travelled round Australia in one for 2 year,2002 -2004.
Could I have your comments on me advertising for a companion traveller, A motorhome owner who would be willing to take a companion on a shared expenses holiday.
I am fit and active and enjoy life, willing to try most things.
HOW Safe do you think this would be. lets have your thought please
george

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi George
welcome to the best place for motorhome info,
You should start a new thread with this topic, as you have jumped into another thread,
there is a "lone " travellers section just started on this forum.
If you go to the top you will see "Forums" click on here and the area you think appropriate you should find "post new thread"
Ask away --------someone will be able to help you:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Nigel & Pamala

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This post/question by "Looking" was tagged on to another thread and in danger of becoming lost. It now has its own thread. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
Mr Looking, I suggest that you try a few American based motorhome websites if you wish to travel around the States in a motorhome with Americans.

How safe is it?

Hey, come on, you've made it to 3 score and ten plus 2.
You lived through very dangerous times before you were 10.
All in all, you are a pretty smart guy, and a survivor.

They are pretty hospitable in the States.
They also, I understand, understand travellers and travelling much better than we do.
Proprtionally, a lot more Yanks live full time in there M/Hs than us.
Without doubt, Yanks have an ethic that they protect their guest from danger the best way they can.

I guess your biggest risk is chowing down so many all American T-bone steaks, rarely cooked over BBQ, that you burst.
Does that seem a bad way to go?

You will let us know how you get won't you?

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
Mr Looking.

I gave your question some more thought.

I suggest that you try some America based sites on subjects in which you have an interest.

It you are interested in building dolls' houses for instance.
Join America based sites for dolls' house enthusiasts.

I chose dolls' houses because a friend, who makes you look like a bit of a whipper snapper got hooked up with American dolls' house enthusiasts in just that way.
She frequently visits some of them in the States, and seems to have a whale of a time.

She's been doing it for at least 10 years, and as far as I know, has felt entirely safe.
Sje comes back all beans and bus tickets every time.
She stops with them on a cost shared basis at hotels to attend doll's house conventions.
She stays at home with them for free.
She costs shares travel.

If you can trace any relatives in the States, they'll be tickled pink to be in touch with their family history.

Once you've got a foot in the door of a dolls' house, so to speak, raise the topic of a shared cost motorhoming round the States, and I've no doubt they'll bend over backwards to help.

Good Luck, and gut fahrt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back