travel to italy via austria in a 32ft winnabago brave (1 Viewer)

jazzijeff

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
south west
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
off and on since 2000
hi all looking for some advice from more experienced people, i'm traveling to the mugello motogp:thumb: end of may any suggestions as to where to stay on the way down would like to travel through the brenner pass. have about 4 days to get there from calais need American RV friendly sites

Deleted User
Cant help you with sites but the Brennar pass is a good route, we came back from Italy that way last year, via Innsbruck and Garmish into Germany. You dont need to use any of their motorways so you wont need a go.box.

spongy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Damn !

It's written on my white board "Mugello 2013" and you just reminded me we can't fit it in.

Brenner pass was great - on a bike. Your problem is Austria's motorway electronic boxes, seems hard work for a short crossing of Austria. Search on here for other folk's experience of Austria.

Sorry, can't help with RV's, I only have a small one. But we did cross Austria in it free. Get to Fussen and head south and there is a lovely gentle pass with no tolls, you come out in Bolzano.

Take my hat off to you taking an RV through the mountains. Remember The Italian Job and go steady.

But I'll be looking out for a report from Mugello, on TV it looks like there are a load of places all round the circuit where MHs are parked. Then, maybe get it right in 2014.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jazzijeff

jazzijeff

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
south west
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
off and on since 2000
mugello

we have camping at the track once there and i've looked at the images inside the track, looks a bit mental:shout:

OP
OP
jazzijeff

jazzijeff

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
south west
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
off and on since 2000
Fantastic

it was the maddest race i have ever been to, the party starts Thursday night and ends Sunday night, at one point i had ear plugs and ear defenders over them just to get some sleep. also on the way down some bends were so tight i had to do a three point turn, but the campsite in Germany on the Austrian border that you recommended was awesome really had a great trip and plan to do it again next year

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Damn !

It's written on my white board "Mugello 2013" and you just reminded me we can't fit it in.

Brenner pass was great - on a bike. Your problem is Austria's motorway electronic boxes, seems hard work for a short crossing of Austria. Search on here for other folk's experience of Austria.

Sorry, can't help with RV's,[HI] I only have a small one.[/HI] But we did cross Austria in it free. Get to Fussen and head south and there is a lovely gentle pass with no tolls, you come out in Bolzano.

Take my hat off to you taking an RV through the mountains. Remember The Italian Job and go steady.

But I'll be looking out for a report from Mugello, on TV it looks like there are a load of places all round the circuit where MHs are parked. Then, maybe get it right in 2014.

Brian:Smile::roflmto:

............Not what I heard:roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it was the maddest race i have ever been to..... had a great trip and plan to do it again next year

Great.

But what about Mugello camping ? Did you have to book ? If so where, with the circuit ?

I was cursing. We were with others and passed within 100 miles but could not change plans.

OP
OP
jazzijeff

jazzijeff

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
south west
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
off and on since 2000
Mugello camping

yes you book on motogp.com and follow the link it was about £80 and its a bit of a free for all when you get there so you need to be there thursday for a good spot but well worth the effort. plus its a great track for motogp

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
yes you book on motogp.com and follow the link it was about £80 and its a bit of a free for all when you get there so you need to be there thursday for a good spot but well worth the effort. plus its a great track for motogp

Thank you. 2014 is now spoken for but I'm quite determined for 2015.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Mugello camping

so you need to be there thursday for a good spot

Hi, tickets for Mugello here !

Only thing is no-one except you says we can get in on Thursday, did you manage Thu to Mon ?

It will certainly be worth the trip this year, fanstastic so far.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
advice form a knowledgeable friend to another friend of ours copied below. I use Toll free through Austria sometimes, Fern pass is fine

"If he wants toll free he should go up into Belgium and then head across to Karlsruhe. Don’t think there is a “best route for that, too many alternatives. Take your pick! Then to Ulm and Fussen, and take the non-toll route through Austria via Reutte and Nessereith (Fernpass), and then to Imst, Landeck, Pfunds, and Nauders for the Reschenpass. "

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back