LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Going this way myself soon, is the vignette thingy strait forward to do.

I presume you stop at the border and sort this out.

Thanks to Brian(Hildweller) who answered this for me earlier in the week.

Yes, you do have to get out of the 'van at the border and fill a Form out (because the rig is +3500kgs.) Having said that, the cost is not so horrendous. You get permission to use the Swiss roads for ant 10 out of the next consec. 365 days for about €33.
For anyone transiting Switzerland, that to me is a bargain.

Bedouin

Free Member
May 5, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
C lass
Exp
Hi all, just new to this site. We are also going to Lake Garda crossing the channel 28 May, going via Belgium want to call in at Bastogne then Germany Austria. Have been reading all these posts with interest about which roads to take and to keep of. Great photos Brian (Hilldweller) would like to know the names of those places you stayed at in Germany. Was looking at your posts from a year or so, when a few of you where organising a trip to Lake Garda but I can not find it anymore. So Bon Voyage everyone wherever you go. John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Just to clarify, can I order my vignette on line before I go even though I'm +3.5tn.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
im on lake garda now been here for a few days i always take the swiss route much quicker im on bella italia camp pescheria del garda but if u wanna be nearer the train station then go to butterfly camp its good and on the lake also its aci if your off peak trains from here to venice and verona and pretty much everwhere else ya wanna go vig for swiss if under 3.5 ton is 40e at the border i had to get out the van cause i was paying by card if not done at the window diesel in lux then top again again in swiss fuel at the moment here is 1.45 e ouch but still cheaper than uk

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
The west side of the lake looks like the roads could be very narrow and maybe height restrictions, will I be ok in my Kon tiki 3.1 high.

Would any funsters recommend avoiding certain roads near to Garda.

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
O dear, best change my plans then, we are coming in from Bergamo and stopping at camping fornella for 7 nights, I did think of going up the west side when we leave and via Austria, I best go east then.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
O dear, best change my plans then, we are coming in from Bergamo and stopping at camping fornella for 7 nights, I did think of going up the west side when we leave and via Austria, I best go east then.

Fornella a great choice! roads are fast on east side will be there before you know it..don't worry!:)

lovely towns all round the lake best visited by ferry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back