Travel Through France, Spain Portugal (1 Viewer)

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Greetings all, we are crossing on the Plymouth / Roscoff ferry on Friday morning, then making our way down through France to the Spanish border over the weekend. Hope to cross on the border on the Monday then sweeping right towards Portugal and eventually ending up in Santander on the 17th for the return ferry home. Any thoughts?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
When we head that way from Calais we use the aires at Parc Futuroscope (Jaunay-Clan, north of Poitiers) and on the Boulevard des Plages at Anglet (just above Biarritz).

Futuroscope has a shopping centre with Auchan supermarket and MH friendly filling station very close by. However, the height limit on the aire entrance is 3.5m. If you get there about teatime you can buy a discounted evening ticket for the Park if you want but it's not compulsory. The aire is huge so there's no problem getting a spot, and it's very close to the Autoroute south.

The Anglet aire is about 100 yards from the beach. A little way up the road is another aire at La Barre, down in a dip beside the River Adour, where the road turns towards Bayonne.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well once in spain just hug the coast . not so good round Bilbao but just really try to be on the road nearest the sea .
just past santander torrelavega is good for stuff to bring back . all ther big super markets are by sierra panda . but look at suances and the coast to san vicente de barquera . san vicente is a great place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I used to supply all the shellfish and fresh fish to Bilbao and Santander in my export business thanks for the money when you purchased any of it, I retired at the age of 50 years lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back