Travel partners needed for Spain this winter (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi funster's

I am new to all this motorhome travel as i have only recently got my 5th wheeler.
My plans if anyone is interested and wishes to link up at any point or any time.
July getting solar panels fitted. (Taunton)
23 July Visit my sister to say good by (Manchester staying in the peak district for a week or so location TBC)
August Retrofestival in Newbury 11-15th
September Pembrey Rally (South Wales) 23-26th

Then the real fun starts
27 Sep A leaving party at Westonzoyland airfield BBQ cooked by me and paid for by all that attend. (This is my home camp site or the place i stay when i am not traveling) Don't think if you link up with me that i will do all the cooking and you can just sit back drinking and farting.

28 Sep ferry from Pool to Cherbourg (Not booked yet so flexable)

Now help is needed
Suggestions needed for best camp sites down France to North Spain and on to South Spain.
Christmas in ? Make a suggestion.
New Year in ? Make a suggestion.

On to Portugal for a few weeks or months
Back to the uk round about April
I am sure you all know many camp sites that are great and inexpensive for the group to rest in. Remember my rig is large just under 9m, then the truck so no tiny parking areas for me.
This is not a race or a convoy we could just note the location of a camp site and the best way of getting to it then make your own way in your own time. If anyone has a problem they will be able to get help from one or all of us.
I have done a lot of things in my life just not in an RV on camp sites. I like company and like to help others. I am not looking for a wife girlfriend or partner just a fun time with like minded people. If you cannot understand the babble then just PM me.

David

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
David what a great idea and I am sure there are a solos who will be very interested, if I may make a couple of small suggestions, while you can still edit your post I would take your phone number off and say it can be got through "inbox" at the top, as not only funsters would have it, being the www. but inboxing you they would need to be registered on fun.

The other small point that you will be unable to stop on aires etc because you are a fifth wheeler, I know you have pointed out you are large vehicle but better safe than sorry, hope a few off you can sort it out a bit like the funsters who go to Morroco, safe happy travels. (y)

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Thank for your suggestions. I understand the Aires are a problem for me but I am sure I can find camp sites that can manage the size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
to be honest you may find airres arent a problem . i used to use them alot .
now i ferry to spain . but still use the odd airre type place sometimes .
mind i almost never use campsites i wild /free park just about all the time .
think last time i used a campsite was in spain in 2010. then it was only for one night .
follow the west coast down through france . hug the coast around northern spain and drop into portugal.
never know might bump into you somewhere we may do spain portugal that way starting end oct. but no real plans . we do visit places inland but very often just keep the sea on your left or right depends which way you are travelling its easy . hardly need a map never need satnav . just a compass can be usefull.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I would not be too concerned about aires. I have seen a number of 5th wheelers in French aires. Even caravans :eek: Some of the smaller aires will probably not have sufficient space.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would not be too concerned about aires. I have seen a number of 5th wheelers in French aires. Even caravans :eek: Some of the smaller aires will probably not have sufficient space.
Ditto

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Now help is needed
Suggestions needed for best camp sites down France to North Spain and on to South Spain.
Christmas in ? Make a suggestion.
New Year in ? Make a suggestion.
David

All together now...................

BENIDORM.

Best weather you'll get and just about everything is open.

Mr Snowbird will tell you a thing or two about 5th wheelers in Benidorm.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
la toretta is best for a 5th wheeler in benidorm and like the master said
All together now...................

BENIDORM.
where else could you go thats open that time of year,and cheap

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No worries with fifth wheelers anywhere as long as they are not too big to access. Have ran mine for coming up to a couple of years without being turned away from anywhere. Even Shell Island excepts them, and caravans are barred from there. Strange phenomenon I know.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
from travel companions wanted, you asked for persons to register on this thread their interest. didn't think I would be the first.
1 Say your going,
2 Workout what date you can go
3 How long you can go for
4 Locations you would like to visit
5 Location for Christmas dinner
6 Location for new year party
7 What you are going to give me for Christmas (Joke)

1. going
2. anytime sept to dec wouldn't like to leave it later.
3. in theory any length of time, but will follow the weather. when the weather is not suitable I will return. I enjoy sun tanning weather, or extremely bad weather. don't enjoy the medium weather. so march and april in Portugal is not for me.
4. no idea what you mean by locations. ie campsites vs wild camping vs aires? or country? or scenic vs town ? or specific places to visit for a specific interest?
5. Benidorm
6. Benidorm
7. you are joking....you the one who has to give the group presents.
im trying to 2nd guess what you mean by locations.
1. I don't mind aires/campsites/wildcamping. I cant do only 1, I have to mix and match to get a balance, and I want the experience of a campsite, (not done one) and haven't done enough aires.
2. don't mind the country, as long as the weather suitable for my taste.
3. prefer scenic locations, but being female I do need a town ie hairdresser, waxing, emergency dentist, etc. also never experienced any town on my last travel, and would like to.
4. specific interests....first choice would be nudist beaches, if weather permits. as don't like to be cut in half. 2nd choice would be places where I can fish from. 3rd like eating food other than English 4th swimming pool nearby to swim off the weight after trying all the food. open to all suggestions as I want to experience new things. I have no idea what else is on offer at any location in any other country. If in England I would say, scrabble, chess, backgammon, bingo clubs 1st then sun tanning. additionally, I've never had anyone to do anything else with, as mostly travelled solo, so had to choose solo activities. when I travelled or met up with my travel buddy, we had totally opposite interests so spent most time doing our own thing. so am open to experience most things...would like to try really heavy snow, see a volcano, not ridden a camel before, not been to a karaoke night or quiz night yet...most adult activities I've not done, and cant imagine what they all are. with the kids I did all the usual, i.e. water skiing, ring's, bananaing, sea life centres, surfing, horse riding, go carts, quad riding, hovering, blah blah....but the kids grew up....and there was me. Have no problems making a life for myself in the uk. But o/s? didn't experience much on my last trip and was mostly bored. what are your interests and experience's you hope to experience?

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
My god woman you have had a good think about this, did you come up for air during your typing? I will give you all an insite into me after I have done some thinking. It will not be quite as long, I am sure.

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Thats it i have finally booked my ticket Portsmouth to Santander 11th October. God knows if i am going direct to the Algarve or the long what round via Santiago, Porto, Lisbon, Lagos, Faro. I think the long way sounds more interesting. If your on the ferry introduce yourself so we can have a chat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Josephine55 is not going until later in the year and if you Josephine have any advice for my trip lets have it.

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well members I have finally set off. I am on the boat to Santander and looking for members. Not found any yet but the night is young.
The boat is just fine and all seem very friendly. God knows if I am going to southern Spain or Portugal when I get off tomorrow. Probably north Portugal and work my way down to the Algarve. I hope I am not going to spend all my time on my own as that is not why I am hear. I like people and enjoy talking. My new found girlfriend (Toni) will read all this so if you want to chat me up you will need to talk to me direct. Toni just a joke.

See you all soon. David

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have fun on your travels. Hope you meet lots of folk to have a blether with. Keep us updated. :)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Have a great trip Daved. I decided to head for Sicily! Ferry on 2nd November. I am sure you will meet up with lots of nice people to chat with.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Good luck Daved, I hope you meet some lovely people on your travels. As you are a sociable fellow I'm sure you will have no trouble meeting like-minded people.
All the best to you and Toni, all good wishes.
Sylvia

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well I left the boat at about 17:00 hrs and I decided to drive the shortest route to Portugal. It's now just after midnight so I will drive another hour and stop for a sleep. I don't want to try to find a campsite at night so a fuel station looks a good place to get my head down. I don't know if you have to pay but if I do someone will tell me. It's a long way to Portugal.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Safe travels!

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
That's it I have pulled into a service station and they are happy for me to sleep over night. It's now 2:20 am Thursday. Still about 6.5 hours to go.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Most folk try to stay away from meat service areas due to the amount of break ins...Or being gassed :whistle:.

Try to stay away from these or at least make sure you are properly locked up and alarm on.

Safe journey.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Good luck on your travels, may see you in Spain :)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Well members I have finally set off. I am on the boat to Santander and looking for members. Not found any yet but the night is young.
The boat is just fine and all seem very friendly. God knows if I am going to southern Spain or Portugal when I get off tomorrow. Probably north Portugal and work my way down to the Algarve. I hope I am not going to spend all my time on my own as that is not why I am hear. I like people and enjoy talking. My new found girlfriend (Toni) will read all this so if you want to chat me up you will need to talk to me direct. Toni just a joke.

See you all soon. David

happy and safe travels sweetheart..:inlove:

and for those who haven't yet met david, he can talk the hind leg off a donkey ::bigsmile:, but am sure he won't have to resort to just donkeys and gets to meet lots of lovely people too to chat with..

I like people and enjoy talking. My new found girlfriend (Toni) will read all this so if you want to chat me up you will need to talk to me direct. Toni just a joke.

See you all soon. David

does this mean i can chat up the gentlemen whilst you're away?. (david, just a joke too) :p

and as you're heading straight into portugal, don't forget to meet up with @JJ somewhere down the line..

Last edited:
OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Made it I am now on a site with Toni ( Aussi graphics) just finished drinking and eating. I am planing to stay hear for some time. It seems most lads hear have been staying at this place for ever and come back every year.
All days are blending into one so all days seem the same. Tomorrow is my house work day so I am cleaning up and putting things away. Fitting into what others do is nice and I am looking forward to doing what others do all week. I never did understand about house work but it has to happen so I have to do it, but the bar is open what do I do?

Last edited:
OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well Theonlysue if you drink, eat, stay up late and talk shit come and see us. It would be nice to have a balance in the conversation as at the moment it's all one sided, a women's point of view would go down well I think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back