Travel insurance

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ericonabike, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

We currently have travel insurance [annual, Europe only] free with our bank account. The account is being replaced this year, and the free insurance will no longer be available. Anyone have a company they would recommend? We're not looking for anything special, basically just to cover repatriation should the worst happen.

2. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

If you do any cycle touring try AXA, they are one of the few who include cover as part of the policy. I didn't realise but it was classed as a "dangerous activity" by most other insurers.

4. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Forgot to mention we chose Comfort as we needed up to 180 days cover in one hit,not all others offer this.

5. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

Should have thought of Comfort, as we have the van insured with them. Shame they don't do on;line quotes tho.

Cycling not covered by insurance? I've done a lot of pedaling abroad, including audaxes and mass-participation rides. Always checked with insurers [various, over the years], who all advised that as long as I wasn't racing [ie results published in order of finishing] all would be well.