Travel insurance (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Wasnt well for a few weeks but ignored all the signs anyway long story short had quite a large operation ie aorta bypass and 2 angieplastie now recovering and hopeing to get to spain after christmas for about 6 weeks or so just waiting for docs ok .So will i need special travel insurance and if so anybody had experience of this . Advice on companies to try ect .Thanks

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have a health condition so have to shop around for insurance, all I can say is try loads and the cheapest isn't necessarily the best.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We used Covered2Go, they use a seperate firm to screen your med problems but you can choose to take the medical cover which C2G add to the premium or go without it.

Edit: We had 3 or 4 conditions between us which we could now choose to ignore but in
2014/15 we paid £158 for a couple, worldwide, annual multi-trip/cruise incl. USA etc.
2016/17 we paid £102 Europe, annual multi-trip/cruise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
After my heart attack could not get any insurance.....
However once surgery done and 6 weeks passed I have got it and while not as cheap as before it's affordable.
You should be in a similar position, you have had the job done and in theory no more of a risk...

We have accounts with 2 banks who give free travel cover BUT as they buy in cheap packages at a set rate they dont like to bend at all and neither will cover me for heart condition..

Like all insurance just go online and use some compare companies, out in your condition / information and see what comes out.. You hear tales of "try this charity website" etc but they never seem to come to much...

Last edited:

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
If your doctor will state that you are fit to travel, eurotunnel are not to bad. If you go on their website you can get a detailed explanation (in plain english). Their only stipulation is that your doctor is happy for you to travel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back