Travel Insurance NIGHTMARE!!! (1 Viewer)

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I,m trying to get travel insurance to cover a jouney of 99 days.

Safeguard with whom the van is insured say age limit is now 64. Due to change of underwriters.
Swinton the parent company say the same.

Comfort say max trip 90 days, as do many other companies.

Anyone know of any other company that could oblige.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think you will find most dont bother just relie on the ehi card . just make sure if its an emergency they take you to a state hospital in a state ambulance .
gets silly money sometimes for so called health insurance. most countries clinics are free you only pay for prescriptions . in many countries visit a chemists they can be very helpfull.
repeat prescriptions you can get in the chemists .

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

We used Insureme4.co.uk (renewal in December this year), and they insured us for upto 100 days.

Cheers Di

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
I,m trying to get travel insurance to cover a jouney of 99 days.

Safeguard with whom the van is insured say age limit is now 64. Due to change of underwriters.
Swinton the parent company say the same.

Comfort say max trip 90 days, as do many other companies.

Anyone know of any other company that could oblige.

Try saga thats who we used this year.12 month policy was cheaper than 6 months :thumb:

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks Blondi,

Have insured through Insure4me at a very reasonable cost despite our ages and the length of time we will be away.

Great help, thanks.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks Bryandh,

Staysure is the parent company of Insure4me, mine was 99days comprehensive for £240.

Happy with that after Saga wanted £768!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Bryandh,

Staysure is the parent company of Insure4me, mine was 99days comprehensive for £240.

Happy with that after Saga wanted £768!!![

Saga always put a smile on my face......over 55 ? then you must be a safer risk.

so why do they cost far more than most ? :roflmto:

after reading all the promises ,my mistake was asking for a car insurance quote when i turned 55....a shedload more than the next cheapest but they had got me in the system then.

now I'm inundated with Saga-mail.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Try ADAC. If i am reading policy correctly they offer breakdown and medical repat for about 88 euros per year . Think max is 90 days though. Busby.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not so sure of ADAC now since Jock & Rita's experience - it appears yes they'll get the breakdown service to you but they don't pay for it.

What if the medical's the same? - yes we'll make all the arrangements for you - but you'll get all the bills for it?

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Travel Insurance is a nightmare!
I take pills for hypertension, which has been covered by my travel insurance for years. (which is free through lloyds bank). I rang up about extending my trip length, and in answer to a question about waiting for diagnosis, I - being scrupulously honest (first mistake!) told them about a small blemish on the side of my nose that the doctor has suggested I go to a dermatologist about.

Result. They will not cover the blemish (fair enough). But they also will no longer cover anything related to hypertension.

So because I have a small pimple on the side of my nose they will not cover me for heart attack or stroke.

Wonderful! Going to morocco next year, looks like I will be going without health insurance!

It would be funny if it were not serious.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
.......... told them about a small blemish on the side of my nose that the doctor has suggested I go to a dermatologist about.

Result. They will not cover the blemish (fair enough). But they also will no longer cover anything related to hypertension.

So because I have a small pimple on the side of my nose they will not cover me for heart attack or stroke.............

Hi

don't delay in having your spot examined at a hospital.. get your GP to arrange an appointment .. it could be basal cell carcinoma

I wrote about mine here.. I've had three removed , and touch wood it has not returned..

Broken Link Removed

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Thanks. Dr said it was nothing to worry about but did say I should get it dealt with, hence tha appointment at the dematologist (in a hospital).

My theory - maybe wrong - is that it started as a bite, I was in Borneo a while ago. Where it is, is not particularly exposed to sun.

Its still not connected in any way with hypertension though!

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Saga always put a smile on my face......over 55 ? then you must be a safer risk.

so why do they cost far more than most ? :roflmto:

after reading all the promises ,my mistake was asking for a car insurance quote when i turned 55....a shedload more than the next cheapest but they had got me in the system then.

now I'm inundated with Saga-mail.

Send it all back in their prepaid envelope with a note saying you will repeat this exercise as and when they send you unsolicited mail !! It worked for me !!:thumb::thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
think you will find most dont bother just relie on the ehi card . just make sure if its an emergency they take you to a state hospital in a state ambulance .
gets silly money sometimes for so called health insurance. most countries clinics are free you only pay for prescriptions . in many countries visit a chemists they can be very helpfull.
repeat prescriptions you can get in the chemists .

We have given up on Health Insurance-we have our EHIC cards and that's it.
So many clauses about 'pre-existing' conditions etc and horrendous premiums since I reached 75.
Pharmacies in Europe are very good-and seem more knowledgable,or should that be 'approachable' than those in UK

Mike.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Send it all back in their prepaid envelope with a note saying you will repeat this exercise as and when they send you unsolicited mail !! It worked for me !!:thumb::thumb:

not just their own, send ALL your junkmail to the same reply paid envelope. could even wrap up a housebrick and tape the envelope to it. the company then pays to get rid of your junk including postage:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back