Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
A little tale of woe and a warning..
Our Truma c6002eh was playing up and at the hab check we were advised to send it to Truma for them to check it. The van is under warranty and it would have covered any repairs.
I decided to use Hermes.. I bought £40 of packing material.. Put it in two boxes and wrapped it very well with "fragile tape" and sent it off via Hermes ..
Next thing I'm getting a call from Truma.. They got it but it's badly transit damaged. They took photos and quoted me £440 to replace all the smashed bits..
This pic shows the damage to the circulation fan alone
P1080300.jpg

Anyway it was fixed.. Run for a couple of days to test it and then I got a call to collect it..
I drove up and got it.. Its like a new boiler..
I'm now embroiled in the hermes claim system... Wish me luck.. But I have to say that the service from Truma was second to none. They were completely professional and very accommodating. Very easy to deal with and you don't get fobbed off.
They are near Derby and if you do have problems with one of their products is possibly worth considering sending it there. Just beware who you send it with.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Did Truma charge for any bits that might have been faulty in that cost saying it was damaged.

OP
OP
sdc77

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
The only item they found that was undamaged and faulty was a fuse in the box that houses the reset switch... But it wasn't warrantied by Truma in any case so it wasn't an issue.
I did find them to be above board and honourable. They only charged me 2hrs labour too which was good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have sent hundreds of musical instruments all over the world the last 15 years and had very few problems with any of the various couriers used, excepting the odd time I have used Hermes. Statistically based on the number of headaches they have given me they stink, having even "lost" parcels of mine on their own vans! There is obviously a reason why they are cheap and honestly, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I hope your claim is accepted (I can't see why it shouldn't be), but their tactic with my claims was simply to ignore my emails. Horrible company ( in my experience). Sorry, but that's how I feel about them.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I did have a problem with UPS as they managed to lose a snowplough blade and carrier from Poland to Dover. It was big enough and ugly enough to be seen from space but it got lost and found then sent back to Poland.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back