LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,last weekend while away the above boiler worked fine untill the last morning when it would not light / stay on.When you turn it on after a couple of sec's it clicks to turn on (normal) then a few sec's later the red light comes on indecating not lit.First thought was pc board so this has been examined and 99 % certain it is ok (mate is a electonics repairer type ) There is gas ok, :thumb: and the local supplier reckons £140 for a new pcb :Eeek:(says well known fault)that will cure it :whatthe: as said mate reckons nothing wrong with it so I am not paying out that for a board that may well not cure the problem.I have tried to dry out the inner bits with a hot air blower via the vent to no avail yet.I also am unable to light the boiler on my own at the moment :ROFLMAO: need one inside to turn on and me outside to light it :ROFLMAO:(This happened on my carver once lit and dryed out it worked fine so I can only assume it had got damp on the igniter.)Can anyone suggest a cure ? or is it a boiler out jobby :thumb::ROFLMAO: tight space to get to so not looking forward to that, if that is what it needs.When I convert another the boiler will be very easy to get to :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The most common cause of your problem is low voltage at the PCB caused by voltage drop in cables that are too thin. Were you on hookup or just battery power? If just battery power then I'd almost put money on it being voltage drop.

D.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave thanks for the idea,but Paul (phoned him )who does all leccy things says definatly no power drop with the cable / wire used,also we were on h/up and I have had it on all week since returning and it is still doing it. Any more ideas much apprecated though :thumb: as he won't be back untill next week then it is close to c/mas and I have no doubt he (and me)will not want to do that much if there is another way, without taking it out.As I said it is in a tight cupboard and my way of thinking is to remove the w / topin order to get at it easier :ROFLMAO: then again he is a little (not much) skinnier than me so he may squash into / by the cupboard :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi Dave thanks for the idea,but Paul (phoned him )who does all leccy things says definatly no power drop with the cable / wire used,also we were on h/up and I have had it on all week since returning and it is still doing it. Any more ideas much apprecated though :thumb: as he won't be back untill next week then it is close to c/mas and I have no doubt he (and me)will not want to do that much if there is another way, without taking it out.As I said it is in a tight cupboard and my way of thinking is to remove the w / topin order to get at it easier :ROFLMAO: then again he is a little (not much) skinnier than me so he may squash into / by the cupboard :ROFLMAO:
terry

Glad to see Truma's installation recommendations were followed so closely:ROFLMAO::winky:.

D.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Glad to see Truma's installation recommendations were followed so closely.

:ROFLMAO: Never got the instructions untill after we fitted it (2 mths later)the suppier mis-layed them :thumb: so never looked at them since :Smile: or nicked them from another box :ROFLMAO:Took it out to clean etc last yr hence my thinking of w/top out this time :ROFLMAO:
terry

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Truma Ultrastore Rapid

This mirrors our problem some three months back, which was cured by pressing the reset button. Turn everything of, allow boiler to cool, sorry boiler is cool, at rear of boiler is control box with a slider on it. Slide it up to reveal the reset button, press once, then attempt a restart of the system.

I hope this helps.

Nomadic

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Nomadic I am 99 % sure there is no reset button on my model.The only electical thing I can easy get to is the pcb after that it goes into the boiler casing so it is looking more like it is going to come out :Doh:
I have tried a full gas bottle with a different regulator just in case it was low pressure / faulty regulator.
I may well take the fridge out and remove the cupboard side giving (easy access) rather than struggle or get a small ferret of a mate to get into the cupboard to unscrew it :ROFLMAO:
Any more suggestions welcome :thumb:
terry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Shot in the dark,, but does`nt the boiler have a thermal coupling the same as a fridge,, which are reknown for giving up the ghost ??

If you are talking about the gas side of it,,

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes to both :thumb:just trying to avoid taking it out but looking more like it :Doh: Still it will not be getting the 2 back screws in when it gets out back in :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi Terry, Truma do a small bracket for just your situation. you screw it to the floor where the rear foot will sit and then when you fit the boiler you slide the foot under this bracket:winky:.

D.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Cheers Dave,:thumb: will look into it :thumb:
It was nice & easy when fitted,it;s all the other stuff that makes it tight :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: Update,Paul checked all wiring on van to-day :thumb:He then took out PCB heated it up with hair dryer and replaced it :ROFLMAO: it worked :thumb:::bigsmile:He has now taken it out and replaced 5 of the capaciters on the PCB and hey presto it is working fine :thumb: He says there was no sigh off them failing (they apparently dome up )but he had them anyway and the heating told him they were suspect ::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim or Bryan, is it possible for you to edit the title on this post I have just noticed I have spelt TRUMA wrong. ITshould read Truma ultrastore rapid and not Trauma ultrastore rapid::bigsmile: it may help when people are useing the search thingy :thumb:cheers
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back