trauma heating problem help please (1 Viewer)

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
hi all
got a 2007 auto trail cheyenne been living in it for the last 3years. arrived on caravan site today to get batteries charged up and laundry done ect, plugs up to electrics, after one hour the the electrics trip ?? goes outside knocks the trip switch back on from the outside suppply no joy, strips my lead and
checks all fixings no problem, goes around checking all electrics in the van finds problem is with one off the trauma boxes in the wardrobe , their is 2 fused boxes one says trauma ultra store and the othere says trauma heat, turned both of and then reset the trip switch outside electrics come back on fine, then turns both the trauma store swicth back on and it trips the electrics again ?? so turns the switch of and reset the trip switch outside and electrics come back on, so the problem has something to do with the trauma store swicht , cos if i put it on it trips the electrics, anyone had the same problem, or does anyone have any advice as to what may be causing this ???

Last edited:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
the ultrastore switch is for your boiler, sounds like the 240volt element has gone, believe me when fulltiming they do get furred up unless you descale regular they can develop a crack and then short out ,it is pretty easy to replace the element just a couple of 7 or 8mm nuts to undo for the actual element and depending which model it is possibly a small round white sensor again this is held in place with a couple of small nuts. obviously you will need to drain the boiler first
it will probably be either one of these

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This may be a daft question, but have you tried plugging your electric lead into a different electric bollard somewhere else on site? It could be that the bollard you're using has a fault ... better to check before you start trying to 'fix' something that may not need fixing! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
thanks for your reply, it still gives hot water out from the gas , can you exsplain how the systems works i havent got a clue i just switch the gas on when i need hot water ??

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
the truma ultrastore boiler works on either the gas system or via mains electric . when using gas you set the temperature on the inner dial and turn on using the outer just make sure the outside cowling has been taken off beforhand.
to use electric you just turn on at the mains switch, from then on its all automatic it will heat up and keep the water at a set temperature there is no adjustment. basicly it is just like an immersion heater.
if you are happy using gas there is no need to switch on the mains electric as when using mains electric there is no need to use the gas ,both systems are totally seperate.
we have been fulltiming for around 6 years now and have hardly ever used the gas to heat water just fire it up now and then to keep things working. by the way follow the link to a copy of operating manual
Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back