Transverse/Transvestite bed

Discussion in 'Concorde Owners Club' started by funflair, Mar 20, 2016.

1. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Hi All

Only kidding about the Transvestite bit, well actually it was a slip up by the tour Guide in the Niesmann+Bischoff factory but if you google transverse from English to German it is something like queer and then back to English one of the options is Transvestite hence the slip up.

Anyway the real question is, If Concorde offered a Transverse bed option on the Charisma for example who would be interested in this when second hand, it has been suggested that the factory may build this option as a one off if we asked nicely but how saleable would it be in the future.

Your thoughts please.

Our Niesmann Flair that we currently have is 8.5 metres and it would be nice to knock around half a metre off if possible for our next van.

Martin

2. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Transverse with front drop down the best use of space and will be what we go for if there is to be another van..

3. funflair

Ah well, we would want cupboards all around the front as well.

Martin

4. Judge Mental

Lots of people do that as well my friend has with his hymer. We have 20 year old kids who are known to join us....

I dont get the obsession with single beds to be honest. I love my wife and like a cuddle specially on a stormy night....nothing better:being snuggled down in a comfy bed:)

The drop down handy for rows and if we feel to hot...its all about choices...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. funflair

Im with you Judge, well not literally you know. Our van was built as single beds and we slept one night like that and then I modded it to make a big Transverse double, advantage is the garage is bigger as well. lots of people are not keen on them though hence my question.

Martiin

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

Just had a look at them £200k+ for a Motorhome :eek:, some trill that to take a risk with for a traverse bed
    Good luck whatever you do thou(y)

7. funflair

You are right they are not cheap, but it's only money.

Martin

• Like Like x 2
  8. Judge Mental

Bonkers money when you can get something that does the job well under 100k. I think this can get out of hand. That being said personally would be happy to live full time in such a vehicle...not the wife though:(

9. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

says a man who has not suffered the 'luxury' of kids :LOL:

my daughters have consumed that much and more in the past 30 years

that said, guessing at your tax bills over recent years, get it spent, you cant take it with you (y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. funflair

Well we do spend more time in the MH than we do at home, and yes you can do the same for a lot less but that applies to everything in life, cars, bikes, watches etc etc.

Martin

11. funflair

You hit the nail on the head David.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  12. Judge Mental

With you on watches!

13. funflair

But we digress, the question was Transverse bed or not, would you go that way to keep the overall length down.

Martin

14. funflair

We better leave that for another day.

Martin

15. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Transverse bed and cupboards all round the front. You have got my vote (y)

Can I have first refusal when you come to sell it please :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I am looking to go up a little in length to get similar layout to ours but with island bed, so no, for me, I am already struggling getting on and off a transverse bed

That said I am always amazed just how little lounge area we already have in an 8m MH, definitely an inverse tardis, bigger out than in :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

We have a transverse rear bed and cupboards up front. That's all we need for 2 of us. But we are both agreed we would prefer an island bed or the more recent arrangement we've seen where 2 singles are filled in with a central section even if it means extra overall length. Garage is a pre-requisite for me so a fixed rear bed of some kind seems to go with that layout. The transverse layout isn't the most convenient for getting in and out of bed though, (especially as we get older).

• Like Like x 2
  18. glenn2926

glenn2926 Funster

We have a transverse island bed. Would not like one over a garage though as I would not like to be climbing over each other to get in/out of bed. The van is under 7.5 metres. Took me a while to find this layout but eventually found it. I don't think we will be changing it any time soon. We hired a few before we bought trying various layouts before deciding we wanted bits from each of them. I don't think the perfect van for most of us exists. We found this one when we were looking at an 8.5m van. Just lucky I think. Sometimes that's how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

only problem with transverse beds is one has to climb of the other to get out

20. jonegood

jonegood Funster

As you now Martin @funflair we have a tranverse bed. Its great to get the length of the van down but it is a pain climbing over each other for the middle of the night toilet trips that affect you more as you get older. Its also more difficult getting in the over bed cupboards. Mostly for this reason we use the two beds ( front dropdown) so we get one each and loads of space. IMHO a tranverse only works for a couple if you have an alternative.

I also think that if Concorde, Morello, Pheonix thought they would sell, they would already be making them.

And a further point, we re currently considering a larger MH, currently 7.5m and have spent the last 3 months in it with a weather eye on 'if it was another metre would I get in here?' and its not many places that you can't and once you ve been doing it a few years you tend to know where they are. We re looking at 8.5 and would stretch to 9M

Just my fourpennorth, hope it helps.

Jon

btw nice 800 vario sport on mobile.de with tranverse and front cupboards. bit pricey for the age though.

• Like Like x 1