Free Member
Aug 16, 2011
Wales
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, I'm looking for help if possible.
Knowing nothing at all about Motorhomes I'm looking around trying to find something suitable. Not sure at all if I'm on the right track but this is how far I've got:-
I was thinking of getting something based along the lines of Ducato/Peugeot/Citroen and had a quick look at some of the reviews of the vans that use this type of chassis. I must admit I was a bit downhearted to read so many problematic experiences so I've shifted my attention to a Transit. (I'm a Vauxhall man really)
I know they can be rust buckets, but having hired a few over the years I've always found them to be reliable and sufficiently powerful, so I was thinking of something like this:-

Link Removed

I'm not mechanical. Would this be powerful enough?
Also need clarification of the 3,500 Kg MTPLM.
Any comments or advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Geoff

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
ANYONE LOOKING FOR A BARGAIN -THIS HAS GOT TO BE WORTH LOOKING AT-just spotted it on ebay
Link Removed
Nothing to do with me but if the pics and description are right then someone could run this for 4/5 yrs and still get back what they paid :thumb:Hope it is not a scam :winky:
terry

Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
ANYONE LOOKING FOR A BARGAIN -THIS HAS GOT TO BE WORTH LOOKING AT-just spotted it on ebay
Link Removed
Nothing to do with me but if the pics and description are right then someone could run this for 4/5 yrs and still get back what they paid :thumb:Hope it is not a scam :winky:
terry

If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

Too cheap, no feedback........need I continue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

It could be he has just joined ebay to sell his van - it is a classified so it would be a case of looking before buying and parting with money/cash:thumb:
Tell you what it states seller @ Barnsley which is about 7 mls from me :thumb:If you are interested I will go look at it ,buy it and flog it to you for 10/12k :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::winky:
terry

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It could be he has just joined ebay to sell his van - it is a classified so it would be a case of looking before buying and parting with money/cash:thumb:
Tell you what it states seller @ Barnsley which is about 7 mls from me :thumb:If you are interested I will go look at it ,buy it and flog it to you for 10/12k :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::winky:
terry

I agree, it looks pukka to me, pics are at a house and on a site with awning .. if I had the cash I would be hot footing to his door .. nowt to lose ..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

geoff956

Free Member
Aug 16, 2011
Wales
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Geoff, why not give the owner a call ? you never know (without looking) if he has hot and cold water/tanks on board.Same goes for the heating :thumb: If you can live without a shower/private loo it may be worth a visit if it has these in it.The seller may just not be very good at selling.If nothing else it gives you a good indicator for what you want :thumb: One other thing which would deffo kill it in my books is the bed across the van is only max 5 ft 10 ins which is fine for a night or two but after that I need to stretch out :ROFLMAO:
terry

Thanks for the advice Terry, but we've already decided to give this one a miss. A few things not right for us and wife doesn't like the wall covering.
Also would prefer a proper toilet/shower cubicle but wonder if that's too much to ask on a van this size.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
terry

:Eeek:Hi it is looking too good to be true :Eeek: sundenly the seller is working in Scotland-I have emailed him :ROFLMAO: to say I will pay cash on collection so see what he comes up with :winky:

You could well be right this time,but I am no fool :winky:
Thanks for the advice Terry, but we've already decided to give this one a miss. A few things not right for us and wife doesn't like the wall covering.
Also would prefer a proper toilet/shower cubicle but wonder if that's too much to ask on a van this size.

Hi geoff yes you can get a full size shower etc, in a van that size- :thumb: --just a case of looking around
terry

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim it is looking a little suspect :Eeek: I hope no one on here has been duped :Eeek: Especially as I gave the link :Doh::whatthe: He replied to my mail saying he was working in Scotland and he was willing to complete via ebay :Doh::whatthe: but as yet he has not responded to my request for name address and where to view van to pay cash on collection or delivery :thumb: not looking too good for someone :Angry::Eeek:
terry

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The link is definitely a scam -- his name is Steve and he now wants me to complete the sale via ebay -pay money to ebay then he gets van delivered and then he gets my money off ebay,not sure how that works but neither ebay or him is getting my cash ::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
The link is definitely a scam -- his name is Steve and he now wants me to complete the sale via ebay -pay money to ebay then he gets van delivered and then he gets my money off ebay,not sure how that works but neither ebay or him is getting my cash ::bigsmile:
terry

And I thought you were going to sell it to me..................:cry:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The link is definitely a scam -- his name is Steve and he now wants me to complete the sale via ebay -pay money to ebay then he gets van delivered and then he gets my money off ebay,[HI]not sure how that works[/HI] but neither ebay or him is getting my cash ::bigsmile:
terry

It's called Escrow ..This is how it works Terry .

Using Escrow Services

Important: Only use www.escrow.com.

An escrow service is a licensed and regulated company that collects, holds, and sends a buyer's money to a seller according to instructions agreed on by both the buyer and seller. Typically, once the buyer receives and approves the item from the seller within an agreed time frame, the escrow service then sends the payment to the seller.

more http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/pay/escrow.html

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back