Transcool portable 12v cooler (1 Viewer)

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Saw one of these at a show last year and looked like it could be a good and cheap alternative to air con in the hab (we have it in the cab for travelling) also we don't really have the weight limit left for proper air con.

http://transcoolgb.com/

Does anyone have one please? Your experience with it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Thankyou! I think we've decided to not bother, the negative reviews outweigh the positive, we'll stick with the fans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I am looking at possibly selling a portable evaporative air cooler in spring.
It will be a lot cheaper. I cant say anymore yet as I need to have tests done and sort a deal out with the supplier.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
These evaporative type coolers were used for a while in lorry cabs these days they've moved on to compressor type air cooling (for use when not driving). Although the compressor models use more battery the evaporated water systems only really worked well when in a low humidity environment (which is not the case (for much of the time) in the UK and much of northern europe). In particular, most motorhome users do their best to keep the damp out of their motorhomes so I'm not sold on the idea of this type of device in a closed area.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have a transcool and have used it this summer, quite effective as can be locally directional whereas a roof mounted , much heavier unit is most effective with all windows closed, and you also need hookup or a genny to run it.
The transcool will run on 12v so is totally portable and a great deal lighter than a mains unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Thanks for all your replies, we've decided to stick with our electric fans, decided against the Transcool and we don't need anymore weight on board so that rules out air conditioning. Once again thanks for taking the time to reply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back