Tranquil Touring Parks

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by WhiteCheyenneMan, May 30, 2012.

1. WhiteCheyenneMan

WhiteCheyenneMan Read Only Funster

Sep 29, 2011
    We're off for a quick week's tour of Scotland on Sunday. My wife's never been there so it's a recce prior to returning for a longer stay sometime.

Not the best week to choose, of course and it's taken quite a lot of browsing of CC and C&CC websites etc. and phoning to find places with space each night.

The first night somewhere near Manchester/M6 was the main problem, until a lady with a CL suggested Lamb Cottage near Northwich. It's very expensive, but looks nice (anyone know it?) and beggars can't be choosers.

I now see that it's a member of Tranquil Touring Parks which have quite a few sites around England and Wales. It's new to me, but does anyone have experience of them?
  2. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Jun 15, 2009
    Had a look at Lambs Cottage about 4/5 years ago when we thought of having a seasonal pitch (that was expensive) not far from home. That didn't happen but I remember Lambs Cottage looking very peaceful and beatifully kept. It's not ideally situated if you wanted to be near a town but as you are only using it as a stop-over that shouldn't bother you.