LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
nt seem to get insurance for my trailer, except for max £1000 so don't bother with insurance as covered third party only under my mh insurance Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Normally your vehicle insurence will cover your trailer for 3rd party damage in the event of an accident. But damage to the trailer and its contents will not be covered you will need additional cover for this.

lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
Never given it a thought, the trailer was under a thousand and the Harley is fully comp. I thought this is ok. But if anyone knows better??????

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I use cx trailer insurance they seem to cover it all.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Mines covered on my sure term insurance policy, but only whilst attached to the motorhome. :Smile:

Mine is with the Motorhome policy with Comfort. It is also covered when uncoupled on a site if it has security on it. We have hitch lock and Wheel clamp. As has been said trailers are covered by third party insurance while coupled to the van but with Comfort it is also insured full comp as is the car on it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Most insurers include trailers for 3rd party damage only and only when attached to the tug.

Some, NFU for instance, cover for own damage and theft up to £1000 excluding livestock trailers and caravans.

But.....anything on the trailer will not be covered by your motor home insurance regardless, as the load becomes carried goods and should be insured for damage and theft seperately.

Worth asking your car insurer if the cover includes being carried on a trailer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Trailer insurance

Checked my policy and a trailer is covered for third party damage. The bike is covered seperately. My excess means that if the trailer was stolen and i had added it to the policy, i would need to pay most of a new teailer price. In the mean time i qould have to pay extra insurance premiums. I dont think ill bother.

Philk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back