Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Having changed toads (the previous one had an A frame) I have now seen the light and I am in the process of buying a trailer for the brand new toad,
Question (as I've never owned a trailer before) do you have to insure it for road use ?:Smile:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Should be insured on the motor home insurance but check the toad may not be covered on its own insurance when on a trailer again check sad thing is it will always depend on the ins company also you may need to take a seperate ins out for the trailer when not on the motorhome......keep it secure as trailers are targets for the Itinerant thieven

All the best Rick

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
When I was pulling a trailer and Toad I checked with the MH insurers (Safeguard at the time) They told me that the trailer was covered for third party damage i.e. any damage it caused in an accident whilst attached to the MH. The trailer and its contents were not covered and would require additional insurance.

The insurer of the Toad agreed that it would be covered whilst on the trailer I had to get additional cover only for the trailer itself.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Rick said, the trailer SHOULD be automatically insured on your motorhome/car insurance WHEN ATTACHED to the vehicle.

when unhitched it is usually uninsured unless other insurance cover is in place...possibly your house and contents insurance.

NFU for one include, in their motor insurance, unhitched cover up to ÂŁ1000 for theft, excluding commercial and livestock trailers and caravans.

check with your own insurer if they cover unhitched trailers and if not then consider separate insurance, especially on a new/high value trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back