Trailer Insurance (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am getting a Brian James Micro Max trailer to carry a Peugeot 107. Have searched the web and the best price on trailer only insurance is around £90 which includes only 30 days Euro travel.
Does anyone know of better.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I think if you insure your RV with NFU it comes with £1000 of trailer cover included in the price.

Olley

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I hope your buying Camcondors micro max, and not a new one :)

i have just got a woodford smart car trailer, sam put a bid on it on ebay after finding it in a strange place, had been mis spelt and listed in an odd catogory, she was searching for horsey stuff at the time,
anyhoo she won the darn thing for the opening bid of £650, the seller was a little miffed that no one else showed any interest, and was reluctiant to let us have it, tried asking for more money when we went to collect it, but a threat of putting that on the feedback soon changed his mind.

Anyway, i looked into insuring it, but i too found it was £90 a year, and lots of get out clauses, you also need to fit about 300 quids worth of approved security devises and so on,

unfortunately i am pretty much stuck with who i can insure my motorhome with (shield) as very few will insure a self built coachbuilt, 3 of the 4 i know cant quote as self builts are supposed to be panel vans, hence they can not do a policy for a van worth over 10 grand (i have reciepts for almost 25k)
but shield flatly refuse to offer any kind of trailer cover, and if they did it would only be whilst towing, and that's the least likely time it'll be nicked.

so all i can do is my best to ensure it dosent go walkabout, i guess mine being for a specific car may work to my advantage... if a tea leaf knows that only a smart will fit on it that is,
but we'll use the thatcham approved motorcycle chain we have on it, i'll prolly take the wheels off when parked for any time, and i'll be getting a datatag kit for it, and when i get round to it, i'll put a wire loop connector at the back of the van, so if anyone disturbs it or cuts the wire, the alarm goes off and i let the dog out to have a go at them, then follow with the 6 cell maglight in my hand.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Unfortunately I have already ordered and paid deposit on a new one. I am insured with Safeguard who cover trailer 3rd party only.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back