Trading up... to an Adria Vision

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GeebeeJaybee, Sep 28, 2015.

1. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Having only bought our MH in May we have provisionally reserved a replacement. We aren't actually losing any money on ours if we PX so no problem there.

We would be changing from our SEA Sharky L2 (which has been great, no prbs at all) to an Adria Vision 707SG. We are only changing as use has determined we would prefer a different layout (bigger garage, better living space).

The Adria has already been replated to 3850, has all the extras etc such as Satellite dome system, SOG WC, air con.

Just wondering if there are any people with an Adria Vision 707 SG to highlight anything specific we should be looking for.

Thanks in advance

Jen

2. Debs

Debs Funster

Hi we have the vision 647, our 1st mh. Had it almost a year.
    Think (apols if I'm wrong) @lorger had a 707 but mentioned about changing it.

I love driving ours, not had any probs and still plated at 3500 but really ought to get it uprated.:)

Edit: have you tried a forum search as I think there was a couple of members had 707s

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Having had an Adria caravan before with excellent build quality for the price point we looked closely at the new Adria motorhomes when buying at the NEC. Only issue we had was that the foam in the upholstery was disappointing as it squashed flat when sat on so not as comfortable as that in other makes & would need expensive replacement sooner than it should :( Costing this in meant Adria lost our potential sale. Probably not an issue for lighter Funsters though!

4. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

We have tha Adria Coral 660SP & love it. We looked at the Sonic & liked it but were put off by the lack of payload, but if you can live with that then you should be very happy with it.
    I would insist on it being weighed properly before purchase though as the brochures lie & don't allow for the extras fitted.

5. Debs

Debs Funster

Yep, I agree about the upholstery - we had caravans for years & the foam is thin compared to what we've been used to.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Probably worth weighing it to find out if its practical in use....

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Having already been uprated from 3500 to 3850 I think it will be fine - bigger payload than we have now. But you are right I read somewhere that at 3500 they struggled.

On paper the payload for this would be 660 kg. There are (at the moment) only the 2 of us so that should be fine.

8. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

yes we have had ours for three years and found it delightful to drive and very economical for fuel, we also uprated her to 3900 when we brought her,
    I fitted rear air suspension to subelement the Alko torsion system and must say its transformed the ride and stability on motorways

I also changed the MichelinXC tyres to Michelin Agilis and went up a size and increased load rating to 235/65R16. 121.
    unfortunately life gets in the way and we don't get to use her as much as we like and I truthfully think we will have a very difficult job when we decide to change her to get a van that ticks as many boxes as this one,
    I have done a few modification on her over the years, solar panels/ inverter/ eperbacher/ addisional heater by the dinette / gas low with external filler and quite a few more that I won't bore you with,
    but if you have a specific question then feel free to PM me,

Ivor

• Like Like x 1
  9. lorger

lorger Funster

We have just sold our Adria Matrix 680SP which we owned for 3 years and loved it, the only reason we are selling is to downsize as only the two of us going away now and easier for one night getaways with smaller van.
    We loved the build quality of the Adria and never had any major issues with it, one think I would say of its secondhand check the garage hinges as they can easily seize, easy to fix just remove and clean out with drill I did this every year on mine to save any problems. Ours was also updated to 3850 and I took it empty apart from a tank of fuel and it weight in at 3060Kg so not a bad payload although with 4 or 5 people it might struggle and ours was actually a 6 berth.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Thanks everyone - have gone and done it. last weekend away in our Sharky this weekend and pick up the new (to us) Adria A Class Vision I707 SG in a couple of weeks. Part exing back to where we bought from (motorlands in Preston) they have been really great again.

Jen

• Like Like x 1
  11. bartiny

bartiny

Small world, that is where we bought our motorhome from 6 years ago :), passed there about a month ago and he has a lot more stock now, must be doing ok with them (y)

• Like Like x 1