Trading up... to an Adria Vision (1 Viewer)

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Having only bought our MH in May we have provisionally reserved a replacement. We aren't actually losing any money on ours if we PX so no problem there.

We would be changing from our SEA Sharky L2 (which has been great, no prbs at all) to an Adria Vision 707SG. We are only changing as use has determined we would prefer a different layout (bigger garage, better living space).

The Adria has already been replated to 3850, has all the extras etc such as Satellite dome system, SOG WC, air con.

Just wondering if there are any people with an Adria Vision 707 SG to highlight anything specific we should be looking for.

Thanks in advance

Jen

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi we have the vision 647, our 1st mh. Had it almost a year.
Think (apols if I'm wrong) @lorger had a 707 but mentioned about changing it.

I love driving ours, not had any probs and still plated at 3500 but really ought to get it uprated.:)

Edit: have you tried a forum search as I think there was a couple of members had 707s

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having had an Adria caravan before with excellent build quality for the price point we looked closely at the new Adria motorhomes when buying at the NEC. Only issue we had was that the foam in the upholstery was disappointing as it squashed flat when sat on so not as comfortable as that in other makes & would need expensive replacement sooner than it should :( Costing this in meant Adria lost our potential sale. Probably not an issue for lighter Funsters though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We have tha Adria Coral 660SP & love it. We looked at the Sonic & liked it but were put off by the lack of payload, but if you can live with that then you should be very happy with it.
I would insist on it being weighed properly before purchase though as the brochures lie & don't allow for the extras fitted.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Having had an Adria caravan before with excellent build quality for the price point we looked closely at the new Adria motorhomes when buying at the NEC. Only issue we had was that the foam in the upholstery was disappointing as it squashed flat when sat on so not as comfortable as that in other makes & would need expensive replacement sooner than it should :( Costing this in meant Adria lost our potential sale. Probably not an issue for lighter Funsters though!
Yep, I agree about the upholstery - we had caravans for years & the foam is thin compared to what we've been used to.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Probably worth weighing it to find out if its practical in use....

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Probably worth weighing it to find out if its practical in use....
Having already been uprated from 3500 to 3850 I think it will be fine - bigger payload than we have now. But you are right I read somewhere that at 3500 they struggled.

On paper the payload for this would be 660 kg. There are (at the moment) only the 2 of us so that should be fine.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
yes we have had ours for three years and found it delightful to drive and very economical for fuel, we also uprated her to 3900 when we brought her,
I fitted rear air suspension to subelement the Alko torsion system and must say its transformed the ride and stability on motorways

I also changed the MichelinXC tyres to Michelin Agilis and went up a size and increased load rating to 235/65R16. 121.
unfortunately life gets in the way and we don't get to use her as much as we like and I truthfully think we will have a very difficult job when we decide to change her to get a van that ticks as many boxes as this one,
I have done a few modification on her over the years, solar panels/ inverter/ eperbacher/ addisional heater by the dinette / gas low with external filler and quite a few more that I won't bore you with,
but if you have a specific question then feel free to PM me,

Ivor

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have just sold our Adria Matrix 680SP which we owned for 3 years and loved it, the only reason we are selling is to downsize as only the two of us going away now and easier for one night getaways with smaller van.
We loved the build quality of the Adria and never had any major issues with it, one think I would say of its secondhand check the garage hinges as they can easily seize, easy to fix just remove and clean out with drill I did this every year on mine to save any problems. Ours was also updated to 3850 and I took it empty apart from a tank of fuel and it weight in at 3060Kg so not a bad payload although with 4 or 5 people it might struggle and ours was actually a 6 berth.

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Thanks everyone - have gone and done it. last weekend away in our Sharky this weekend and pick up the new (to us) Adria A Class Vision I707 SG in a couple of weeks. Part exing back to where we bought from (motorlands in Preston) they have been really great again.

Jen

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks everyone - have gone and done it. last weekend away in our Sharky this weekend and pick up the new (to us) Adria A Class Vision I707 SG in a couple of weeks. Part exing back to where we bought from (motorlands in Preston) they have been really great again.

Jen

Small world, that is where we bought our motorhome from 6 years ago :), passed there about a month ago and he has a lot more stock now, must be doing ok with them (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back