Trackers (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
apologies if this has been asked recently. I collect my new MH today and having seen loads of 'stolen' posts on FB groups lately I want to get some sort of tracker fitted ASAP. I have caught glimpses of comments/posts about them and know there are some that send you a text if the vehicle moves, some that allow you to kill the engine........but I have also been told there are some that thieves can 'block' . I am so confused now. Am also thinking of having cctv in it as well as tracker to protect it when it is parked up somewhere. Thoughts and advice please.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have this one from VanBitz. the peace of mind it gives is priceless (y)

Broken Link Removed

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Jim's suggestion looks excellent, but I have one of these

http://www.campingandcaravanningclu...=fAAxADEANAA3ADIAfAB8AFQAcgB1AGUAfAB8ADAAfAA1

Got a discount through C&CC who also insure the van. I needed to get a tracker fitted for insurance and this seemed a simple and cost effective solution. They send you the unit and you hide it somewhere in your van. The battery lasts a good few months before it needs recharging and doesn't drain your van batteries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
thankyou for your replies, i have collected my new MH today and just been sitting reading through all your recommendations. I will be getting in touch with Eddie at Vanbitz for some advice. My list of 'must buys' for our new purchase is getting longer.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Trackers are brilliant. We forgot to take ours the other day and we'd only got a few hundred yards before we got a phone call.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back