Trackers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hel999, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Hel999

Hel999 Funster

apologies if this has been asked recently. I collect my new MH today and having seen loads of 'stolen' posts on FB groups lately I want to get some sort of tracker fitted ASAP. I have caught glimpses of comments/posts about them and know there are some that send you a text if the vehicle moves, some that allow you to kill the engine........but I have also been told there are some that thieves can 'block' . I am so confused now. Am also thinking of having cctv in it as well as tracker to protect it when it is parked up somewhere. Thoughts and advice please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

• Like Like x 1
  3. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Jim's suggestion looks excellent, but I have one of these

http://www.campingandcaravanningclu...=fAAxADEANAA3ADIAfAB8AFQAcgB1AGUAfAB8ADAAfAA1

Got a discount through C&CC who also insure the van. I needed to get a tracker fitted for insurance and this seemed a simple and cost effective solution. They send you the unit and you hide it somewhere in your van. The battery lasts a good few months before it needs recharging and doesn't drain your van batteries.

4. Hel999

Hel999 Funster

thankyou for your replies, i have collected my new MH today and just been sitting reading through all your recommendations. I will be getting in touch with Eddie at Vanbitz for some advice. My list of 'must buys' for our new purchase is getting longer.

5. Oriel

Oriel

Trackers are brilliant. We forgot to take ours the other day and we'd only got a few hundred yards before we got a phone call.