Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
ilkeston derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer614 SL
Exp
Hi all

Just ordered new motorhome Auto Sleepers Cotswold EB, we have just rang Caravan Guard who insure our present motorhome they insist that we have tracker fitted. Can anyone let us have info on which are best as it is all new to me

Thanks

Dianne

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I'm not sure if Eddy - Van Bitz - of Taunton is still a member on here - but this is his web site:

Link Removed

Their Tracker system might be a little expensive but it is very, very good - and you can buy a 'lifetime' service much cheaper than an annual service.

Depends on how much value that you put on your own vehicle as to whether you think you should spend more money on protecting it.

Dick from the Big pitch Guide

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:thumb: phamton is the best,, police and ins comps regard as the best,,expencive at first but only 100 pounds per year ,,24 hr cover and cant be dissabled at all ,where as some can by the theif,s tracked 24/7 by satalite,,and also dont cost to track in france,spain ,itally,,some companys charge extra in the eu:thumb::thumb:info@phantom.uk.net

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just one point. You dont have to be insured by Caravan Guard. Look for somebody else to Insure you. I reckon as a minimum you should have a Thatcham Cat I alarm and immobiliser.
Jim
:Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We had the same "Request" when we insured out present van. A tracker & an approved Thatcham alarm were required. Told them I was going elsewhere & the requirement was then deemed to be uneccessary :RollEyes:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
try frank pickles for your insurance they give a motorhomefun discount too

Trackers are great but remember there are dead spots and if the vehicle is stolen by professionals they will know who to disable remove etc. Nothing is totally theft proof

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
phantom has no dead spots:ROFLMAO: and cant be removed [ not unless you melt the van down ] it gets built into the alco chassis :ROFLMAO: i noticed some off the other posts say dont need it ,,i well it lowers your insurance cost and if its on hp look at the small print,, think you will find many companys will cover you but not pay out it its taken,,:cry:

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Trackers

There are many about I fit Skytag-gps. They work well and give European cover.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi all

Just ordered new motorhome Auto Sleepers Cotswold EB, we have just rang Caravan Guard who insure our present motorhome they insist that we have tracker fitted. Can anyone let us have info on which are best as it is all new to me Thanks

Dianne

Trackstar is the largest selling GPS/GSM stolen vehicle location system in the UK. It is owned by Trafficmaster, the people that provide everyone with traffic data (the blue cameras you see everywhere)

The also own a Company called Euroguard which is the European wing, many other small tracking companies pay Europuard to monitor their customers vehicles when they go into Europe, so no prizes for guessing who would get priority!!

£299 installed including the 1st years subscription for the number one selling system that has the back up that you can only get from a multi million pound company.

We used to sell systems that were made and run by smaller firms but they kept going bust leaving our customers with equipment fitted, but no monitoring centre to do the monitoring. so we made a decision to stick with the market leader, and offer it at an amazing price.

Eddie

OP
OP
D

dedwards

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
ilkeston derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer614 SL
Exp
Thanks for advice sounds good but we live in Ilkeston Derbyshire do you know where we might get it fitted up here

thanks

Dianne

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
As a past customer of Vanbitz equipment I can say they are as good as you get for good honest advice, first class products,and workmanship I would say speak to them before you make any decision a good job done properly once works out a lot cheaper long term:thumb:

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Before making your decision I would ask for definitive evidence of success of actually retrieving stolen vehicles.
I work in the Plant Hire Industry where Plant theft is a Mega Multi Multi Million Pound Industry in the UK, lots of Plant Hire Company's and indeed Contracting Company's have various forms of Trackers on their equipment.

From my experience the ones which rely on the Police to track and find the stolen item are a complete and utter waste of money!!!. as an indication I believe that from the last 20 items we have had stolen 19 have been recovered.

The Police are just not interested in anything where the item is insured, they are far too interested in catching Motorists doing 31mph in a 30, but that's another story for another thread!!!

Where we as a Company have had considerable success ( Hundreds and Hundreds of Thousands) is with Tracking Company's who actually employ "Finders" who, when the Tracker is activated deploy finders to go to the area indicated and actually find the item, they will even go into Gypsy sites where the Police most certainly will not!!! to find the stolen item, when they do find it, then they call the Police, who will then turn up as a "Collar" is made easy for them.

I write this knowing a lot of people will disagree, but our success rate is real where a lot of Tracking Company's will not be able to demonstrate such succcess.
Paul

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back