Jeffreyhill

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
nr Longridge Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just collected a new Tracker FB. Spent all morning sorting through the various bits and manuals. Everything looks fine except for the little swivel coffee table. I am seriously challenged by most DiY situations but I feel somewhat pathetic that I cannot put the table and leg together. There is a little release handle under the table which I assume should allow the leg to slip through the clamp mechanism. However I cannot make anything happen with this handle, is it me or has anyone else had a problem with this?

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Unscrew the handle which allows jaws to open, slide in the leg tube and tighten up. If nothing is happening perhaps the lever is not turning the bolt?

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Keep an eye on the two U tube fasteners on the bed box. Mine were fixed with short screws that pulled out after the first trip - now fixed by longer bolts and washers that go all the way through the bed box. I'm assuming that the table is fixed in the same place as in my Navajo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Jeffreyhill

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
nr Longridge Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks K9Brian. I have turned the handle and nothing happens, the handle must have somehow become detached from the bolt. Cannot get at it as releasing screws are under the jaws. Looks like a return to Autotrail for replacement.

If and when I can put my table up I will bear in mind your advice about the leg fasteners.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Tracker FB table

Thanks K9Brian. I have turned the handle and nothing happens, the handle must have somehow become detached from the bolt. Cannot get at it as releasing screws are under the jaws. Looks like a return to Autotrail for replacement.

If and when I can put my table up I will bear in mind your advice about the leg fasteners.

Just collected a new Tracker FB. Spent all morning sorting through the various bits and manuals. Everything looks fine except for the little swivel coffee table. I am seriously challenged by most DiY situations but I feel somewhat pathetic that I cannot put the table and leg together. There is a little release handle under the table which I assume should allow the leg to slip through the clamp mechanism. However I cannot make anything happen with this handle, is it me or has anyone else had a problem with this?

Hi
We have a Tracker FB as well. Nice vans but sadly not put together as well as they should. :Sad:

But that table clamp - Ours has what looks like a button at the lowest part of this (Its not a button just looks like one)
The handle which undoes the clamp. If you pull it down to cover a portion of this button it releases it self or disengages from the bolt attachment and allows you to reposition the handle.
Its spring loaded into the up and engaged position.
I wonder if your spring is missing or broken?

I hope this assists :thumb:

OP
OP
J

Jeffreyhill

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
nr Longridge Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
MikeD you may have identified my problem. The spring is definitely there but my brain may not be. I assumed that you had to release the button to engage the mechanism, it may be that I just need to get a bit physical with the handle and try to turn it to release the jaws of the clamp. I will not attempt to do this right now as I have just returned from watching Wigan win an important game and I have had too much ale to be in control.

Many thanks for your advice.

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
The button on the handle mechanism allows release of the handle to be used as a ratchet. If you press the button in you can then move the handle in either direction to a position that is easier to use. This does not lock or unlock the clamp until you release the button & move the handle. Hope this helps.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Engagement

MikeD you may have identified my problem. The spring is definitely there but my brain may not be. I assumed that you had to release the button to engage the mechanism, it may be that I just need to get a bit physical with the handle and try to turn it to release the jaws of the clamp. I will not attempt to do this right now as I have just returned from watching Wigan win an important game and I have had too much ale to be in control.

Many thanks for your advice.

Its not a strong spring just gentle pressure downwards disengages it.

Just turn it as it sits and it should either tighten or undo.

Gently pull it downwards to reposition the handle once it is tightened.

MikeD:thumb::thumb::thumb:

If I knew how to post a photo I would?

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Yes just tried mine again, Mike D is right, the handle moves down on the spring not the button.

OP
OP
J

Jeffreyhill

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
nr Longridge Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Impressed with the support from fellow motorhome owners considering how trivial my little problem is. Thank you all.

Now off to the Yorkshire Dales to test out all of the other parts not yet looked at. Will have a wrestle with the offending handle and see if I can get my table up for afternoon tea! If not the Gamekeeper looks a good bet.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Obviously not improved over the year as the pitifully small screws holding our retention brackets on also pulled out (3 times in first 4 weeks) thin bolt and a tee washer ( flat with spikes) from B & Q has now done the business.:Smile:

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Obviously not improved over the year as the pitifully small screws holding our retention brackets on also pulled out (3 times in first 4 weeks) thin bolt and a tee nut (flat with spikes) from B & Q has now done the business.:Smile:

OP
OP
J

Jeffreyhill

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
nr Longridge Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yes I have had to take some serious correction procedures to my table. It beats me how anyone thinks that this will work as the slightest of pressure leads to the bracket coming away. I have now used bolts and additional bits of wood to secure the bracket to the bed side and provided I do not attempt to dance on the table it should be ok. But a design disaster.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I was going to get one of those tables from Auto-Trail for our MH but having read your posts I have decided not to. Oh, and the price didn't help either. £235.80 :Eeek:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Fixings to table

I have had to bolt the brackets to my table as well it seems that the materials they use is so soft that the screws just don't hold, I have had the half round kitchen sink door fall off whilst travelling and have had to replace those screws with bolts as well, I have spoken to Auto Trail but they don't seem to interested,being a chippy myself I feel I will get a better job doing it myself,I. Think they need to rethink the method of fixing things like doors and tables if they continue to use this lightweight ply for their carcasses!

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
The half round kitchen door fell off ours while travelling and I have repaired that myself. As you say, the wood and screws they use are pathetic, and it isn't as though they are cheap MHs to buy either.

See my thread titled "Autotrail woes" and see they on going problems I am having.
I am back at the dealers again on Thursday for yet more warranty work. This should have been done last month but breaking my ankle meant I was unable to drive there.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
My kitchen door fell off as well

The half round kitchen door fell off ours while travelling and I have repaired that myself. As you say, the wood and screws they use are pathetic, and it isn't as though they are cheap MHs to buy either.

See my thread titled "Autotrail woes" and see they on going problems I am having.
I am back at the dealers again on Thursday for yet more warranty work. This should have been done last month but breaking my ankle meant I was unable to drive there.

My half round door fell off as well - the very first time we used the van.

Our bathroom door recently fell off. Take one of the holding screws out and have a laugh :thumb::Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Kitchen cupboard door hinge screws in carcase also kept pulling out on our Mohawk. Unable to replace with bolts as fridge is fitted next to cupboard on hinge side. After much deliberation I obtained some small diameter rawl type plugs and cut them to length. Then gently drilled the now oversize screw holes out to suit plugs, used Araldite to cement plugs in place and refitted screws once it had set. Perfect and a much more robust solution. Also had to carry out the same operation for the fire extinguisher bracket screws after they pulled out whilst on the road!

As said lightweight plywood currently being used to save weight will not securely anchor small screws if they are under any stress or weight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back