Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Somewhere warm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Has anyone had experience with the Spot GPS Messenger? It's a GPS tracker unit (orange plastic and quite small in size). The general idea is that friends and family can track your whereabouts via Google Earth.

This is an extract from their website...."I am a satellite GPS Messenger and can send a message along with your exact GPS coordinates to friends and family. I enjoy Hunting, Hiking, Fishing, Camping, Aviation, Off Shore Boating, Sailing, Biking and more. I am also great in an emergency."

I plan to explore Croatia later this year and thought it might be interesting that the family could keep tracks on our journey...

Any feedback appreciated.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I believe that yodelis son used one when he was on his travels last year, no doubt when she comes on she can tell you a bit about it , there was a thread called Yanniks travels i think and a few funsters were watching him.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I believe that yodelis son used one when he was on his travels last year, no doubt when she comes on she can tell you a bit about it , there was a thread called Yanniks travels i think and a few funsters were watching him.

Yep that's right Maggie it is a SPOT and Shore-is-good you 'll find the link on the thread "yannick's travel around europe". At the moment the link will show you only 2 points if it didn't change since this morning.Yannick made a pause on his travel around europe and decided to fly to costa rica until mid-july.
You will find as well his blog's link on the thread.
The Spot is really a good thing as long as not too much in the cold which makes its battery low faster. We had to send a squad in the Pyrenées in october since we had no "BIP" from him. Otherwise it works all right . Doesn't fear damp. And it's really nice to see the travel through google map.
If you have more questions , just ask i'll do my best to answer but right now i can tell you it is well worth the price to know my son is safe!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Here's the thread

Link Removed

and the spot tracker , he's in central America now

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back