Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So do not include your brother!!!!

My brother in law has been wildcamping in Spain since early December. He is on his own and tows a car on an A frame.

Has any funster actually been stopped and fined by the Spanish plod. Please do not include "I know a friend of a friend etc"

Ian

So do we discount your brother as well:cry:

Bob

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What makes Spain think it's above the law:Eeek:
There is supposed to be a treaty in place that make this a European community
And what is acceptable in the rest of Europe should be exceptable in Spain too
Yes its a very Gray area, and that in my opinion makes it Gray in Spain, Not illegal:thumb:
They cant have it both ways:RollEyes:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just had a funnythought
Using my own argumewnt that makes it ok for them to drive on the right when they come here:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
My brother in law has been wildcamping in Spain since early December. He is on his own and tows a car on an A frame. He has not been stopped by the authorities. He does this every year and stays approx 4 months.
I go to Spain during the winter and tow a car using an A frame and not been stopped.

Has any funster actually been stopped and fined by the Spanish plod. Please do not include "I know a friend of a friend etc"

Ian

What a very good post. The most sensible I've read on this particular thread. Well said!:thumb:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Would you jump a red light? Do you turn your lights on when it is dark? Do you put your seat belt on? ... So why is it you want to ignore the laws when you tow a car in Spain? Do you think it is OK because you are Englsh to take no notice? I take it those that ignore the Spannish law do not comply with the French law and yellow jackets, or warning triangles ? To my view.. If in Rome do as the Romans do... Simples.. Me I pull a trailer, why invite unwanted police attention...and the risk of a fine.. And if you do not comply with the law you are in effect operating an uninsured vehicle...

Bob:Blush:

Oh dear God...get a LIFE!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just a bit of fun so don't jump on me :roflmto:

My brother in law has been housebreaking in Spain since early December. He has not been stopped by the authorities. He does this every year and stays approx 4 months.
I go to Spain during the winter and do the same and not been stopped.

Has any funster actually been caught and fined by the Spanish plod. Please do not include "I know a friend of a friend etc"

Must be legal then :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We have been here before and before and before etc etc.

The fact remains that using an a frame set up in Spain is apparently against Spanish law. There seems to be ENOUGH ALREADY! evidence to support this premise.

There has been mention of EU Directives making things the same in all EU States.....THEY DONT!
There is a distinct difference between an EU Regulation and an EU Directive.

An EU Regulation is the letter of the law in all EU Member States.
It lays down not only what must be acheived, but also how it is to be acheived.
Example: Drivers' Hours Regulations, Tachograph Regulations etc.
The same Regulation requirements are valid (indeed compulsory) in all EU Member States.
However, Derogation from some of these Regulations is permitted for individual States.

An EU Directive differs from a Reguation in that only the required outcome is laid down. How Member States go about acheiving outcomes is up to them.
Example: This is why provisions for pensions, pregnant workers, etc. all differ from State to State.
Derogations not generally required.

If a Directive exists regarding towed vehicles (trailers) in general, or a frames in particular (and I cant be bothered checking this) then Spain or any other State can do as it likes.
The directive will simply require provisions to be put in place to control them.

What gives Spain the right to make their own rules?.....It's their country.

There seem to be simple options here, folks:
Use an A frame & run the risk of a fine or being taken off the road,
Use a trailer,
Buy and tow a caravan, giving all the same (or better) facilities as with a MH and toad.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Most of the people saying that you can A frame in Spain seem to have had the information from the makers of A frames ? :Doh:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We would like to tow a small car behind our 6mtre motor home to europe this year =. fginding it hard to find legal requirements Hoping to go to france spain and portugal any information would be great

So on your 4th post you have discovered one of the great discussion points of humanity, along with the meaning of life!

Welcome to the Forum and you have every entitlement to pose your question. Now ask one about polarity.............

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back