Towing a car

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Reallyretired, May 5, 2008.

1. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have a smart car which I would like to tow behind my motorhome. I have read all the myriad posts above legality and have decided because, or in spite of these to go for a braked A frame.
    Can anyone recommend a good supplier/fitter, preferably in or near South East England. I am prepared to travel if necessary.:RollEyes:

2. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Towing Frames.

Chris Cox Towing Frames <Here> Complete towing frames supplied and fitted, including electrics, braking system, number plate for rear of car and two reflective triangles. When folded, the frame can be lifted with one hand and stowed in the boot with ease. For a chat and a quote call Chris Cox.
    Folding Towing Frames <Here> The CAR-A-TOW towing frame system is much lighter than a trailer, shorter than a trailer, doesn't have the parking or manoeuvering problems of a trailer, either on site or at home, you don't need to load, unload and secure the car, plus a towing frame won't put that excessive weight on the chassis and rear suspension of your motorhome.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  3. superk

superk Read Only Funster

4. paulharrison

paulharrison Read Only Funster

Hi Nearly
    is your smart a manual because there seems to be problems with towing auto smart cars
    Paul

5. artona

artona

Hi Superk

Wish you had noticed my thread asking a similar question last week. Just phoned East Coast Leisure and after a long converstation trying to get them to understand was then told Nigel is on holiday for a week :shout:

stew

6. superk

superk Read Only Funster

artona:
    you have a PM

Keith

7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Auto or manual

Its a manual (sort of) you change gear manually but no clutch pedal. Seems to be as manual as they get!:thumb: