Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi
Having grounded my towbar entering the camp site at Godrevy I've seen an American site that does rollers and castor wheels that attach to the towbar and prevent a grounding. Been looking for similar in the UK but can't find anything. Any pointers please.
Thanks
Nik.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Air assisted rear suspension to fix that problem on my Autotrail (y)

Rollers or caster wheels would apply a loading to the towbar that might not be a good thing for it.

OP
OP
Nik

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
How much was that Mike. I've got a Delaware so cost should /maybe similar.
Cheers.
Nik

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Dave Newell fitted it. I have onboard air compressor and each side of the vehicle is independent. It is fitted to the rear only.

The pressure gauges and operating button are mounted on the dash and the air compressor under the drivers seat.

It was around £650 with the funsters discount.

He has done a great install and it has behaved faultlessly. :)

His advert is at the top of the page.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Any pointers please.
Thanks
Nik.

As I fitted to my USRV, and they work very well..
Skid Rollers - pair - 94-8328.JPG

Solid steel rollers with heavy duty bearings for mounting under tow hitch of RV to prevent damage to underside when bottoming out - complete with mounting hardware

Also

HITCH PROTECTOR SKID WHEEL - 94-8351-94-8351.jpg

Durable 3" wheels for cars and pickups keep receivers and hitch posts from roadway damage. Attaches with hitch pin (not included). Use with or without your trailer.

From APB Accessorieshttp://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/product.php?cat=15

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi
Having grounded my towbar entering the camp site at Godrevy I've seen an American site that does rollers and castor wheels that attach to the towbar and prevent a grounding. Been looking for similar in the UK but can't find anything. Any pointers please.
Thanks
Nik.
Hi nik let me know what you go for please i have a bessy e745 and i am worried about this . Also im going to start towing little trailer with scooter regards steve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The location of the towball should to ensure a safe and level towing height of between 350mm and 420mm (ground to centre of towball when vehicle is laden).
If you fit a roller to the towbar would you not when it operates effectively transfer a proportion of the weight of the motorhome onto the towbar mountings?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back