Towbar for Fiat Ducato Maxi (Heavy) PVC (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're thinking of getting a tow bar fitted (or doing it ourselves) but I'm not quite sure what I need as I've never fitted one before - we have a Globecar FamilyScout L on a Fiat Ducato Maxi heavy chassis 6.36m but can't seem to see any distinction between this and others for a 'standard' chassis - do I need a specific one for the heavy Maxi?

I want it to get tow a trailer to take rubbish to the tip etc rather than risk damaging the inside of the camper.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Or more rubbish back home from boot sales:)
We took the Smart to the car boot sale yesterday and it came back stuffed to the gills with bits and bobs, I even had bags in the foot well and on my knee! :D

We do have some inflatable roof bars though which work a treat if we have something really bulky, alternatively hubby has to bring stuff home and then come back for me ... no problem as I can keep mooching round the stalls! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
i got one fitted at home almost as cheap as I could buy one //simply told fitter what I had // came with 3 yrs gtee // wiring wise he coupled into rear lights from a drawing in his hand written book so I assumed it was probably not straight forward /// cost 200 plus a tenner tip
Terry

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Does the requirement for type approval still allow you to fit them yourself? Does it not have to be fitted by someone able to supply the correct paperwork?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I can recommend them. They fitted the one on Mrs Deluxe's Fiesta

I had one fitted on my Honda CRV to tug a caravan.. so had twin electrics .. also insisted on an Honda OEM electric kit .. was very pleased both with price and job..

original quote ..from 2011 .. had the non detachable fitted ...

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the fitting of a tow bar with electrics to your Honda CRV. The total cost would be £300 including VAT for a fixed tow bar... and £438 including VAT for a detachable tow bar.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Sent you a PM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for the info guys (and Ludo for the informative PM :)) ... I'll pass it on to hubby to peruse ... (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back