Towbar for Ducato Maxi PVC (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Any advice on getting a towbar for a new ducato panel van conversion.
Price? Recommendations in Yorkshire?

Looked on the towsure website and there is a choice of Universal 7 pin or 13pin or Dedicated 7 or 13pin. What will I need for a trailer and possibly an A frame.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I believe Universal or Dedicated refers to the way the wiring integrates with the vehicle's own wiring system. How much better Dedicated is than Universal depends on the vehicle. I'm not sure how much the Ducato is affected.

For a trailer or A-frame, a 7 pin will be sufficient, unless you want a working reversing light on the trailer or toad. If you need power in the towed vehicle (fridge, battery charging), I would go for 13 pin rather than 2 x 7.

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
send me a message i am in leeds i have a full towbar and wiring kit for aa 2015 fiat van conversion if its any good to you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Remember, a 13 pin socket is an MOT item...ANY fault and its a fail.
A 7 pin socket could be broken or disconnected but it has nothing to do with an MOT.

DEDICATED bypass relay means it plugs in to the vehicles wiring harness via a specific connector block.
UNIVERSAL means the wiring from the relay must be manually spliced into the vehicles wiring harness.

DEDICATED....could be a couple of hundred quid depending on vehicle...the bulk of which is for the specific OE compatible plug.

UNIVERSAL.....£20 at halfords

Both do exactly the same thing when fitted.

The choice is yours and yours alone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back