Ian37

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Please guy's don't I repeat Don't use racket straps , unless you take the racket part out ? a close friend of mine had a part hit him in his chest and it pierced his lung , just a warning x

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Having read this thread I ordered a strap and shackles via flea bay. Looks like a great bit of kit and I was very pleased with the price. Now all stored in a peg bag in the MH, hoping never to need!

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Back in the late 90 's mate of mine hgv driver, was up in Scotland , and as he applied the ratchet strap a sliver of metal sheared and embedded in his eye, straight to hospital, and fortunately removed without any lasting damage, very lucky considering his occupation is a hgv driver

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having read this thread I ordered a strap and shackles via flea bay. Looks like a great bit of kit and I was very pleased with the price. Now all stored in a peg bag in the MH, hoping never to need!

I tried this aft on fleabag, which is not something I would normally use and tried to purchase as per post by @pappajohn , which was recovery 4x4, but the system wouldn't let me pay as a guest as I certainly don't have an account, if it's the same one, thought it was ok And did want to buy it, never mind

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Yes, sounds like the same kit but I ended up with something fit for 5 tons!! never mind a good belt and braces solution.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Deleted (misinterpreted?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi.

PS. Before leaping to anyones assistance,try to gauge that in the event of structural damage occuring to the vehicle you are pulling,they will not........SUE!..Sad,but true.
This is very true I'm afraid.
I wouldn't jump in for someone I didn't know, seen too many things go wrong with towing, I know it sounds mean but believe me it could well happen, how many times have you seen proper recovery men blamed for damage to a clients car.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Sounds like a good idea as I'm near the rhubarb area, some suggest 10 mtrs long, would this company be able to do that, with 2 d shackles if so how much please, and could you assist me in this matter, cheers(y)
We are away this weekend I will try get a price on Monday
But 10 meter may be special order and I think may be too long
I use 4 meter but I have 2 of them and never used 1 of them
Yet:rolleyes:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm sure 4 mtrs would be more than acceptable, and perhaps two Of them might be useful, just hope if I ever need to use one, it will be to help someone else out of the mire, anyway thanks for replying, look forward to hearing from you again, hope you have a good weekend away

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back