• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Tow car (1 Viewer)

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Looking to get a small 4 seater car to tow behind my Motorhome, I would prefer a Fiat Panda 1.3 multi jet but open to suggestions. I have a Kia Sorento 2005, 96000 miles which I used to tow my caravan, just had a full service and new MOT this week would exchange it for a direct swap or cash either way anyone got anything?

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, I am selling my 13 reg fiat 500 lounge auto/manual 13000 miles, 6 mths warranty left , fitted with latest type A frame with electronic control for around £8k ono.
pm me if you are interested.
Sorry not really interested in px.
Cheers, Dave(y)
Or phone 01461800429

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Thanks for the reply Dave but that's a bit out of my budget unfortunately.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
If you saw the light and ditched the caravan for a motorhome why go back to pulling something ?
I passed a fellow motorhomer the other day in a small van towing a car that was as big if not bigger than the MH :doh:
I know it's different strokes for different folks but I can't see the point .
In my travels abroad I can honestly say that all most all the Mh's towing cars have been Brits ,why ?

Vlad

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Well as I live in the centre of a town and only do around 2000 miles a year in the car I don't need a big 4x4 with high road tax now the caravans gone. So it makes sense to get a small car for the odd trip I do, it might as well be equipped to tow behind the MH as I intend doing Cornwall next year and a small car would let me explore some remote areas in my Family History search. As they say "different strokes for different folks"

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi @AT Fun

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/peugeot-107-5-door-complete-with-tow-car-system.114537/

I took my complete tow car 107 5 door off eBay (fed up of nutters) and Wife wanted to hang on to it a few more weeks. Anyway, she is getting a new car shortly so our little 'Pug' will be for sale if you don't mind a little wait. We thoroughly enjoyed taking our toad with us everywhere for the reasons you put forward (Scottish Highlands/Cornwall especially). It has a complete tow system - just turn up, lock on and off you go.

Regards,

Trikeman.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Hi Trikeman never sat in a 107 but it looks a bit tight in the back for adults that's why I was after a Panda, I will try one out as there is a dealer near us.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've never sat in a panda or a 107 ,but have holidayed in cornwall and the islands off the west coast of Scotland ,
My MH is 24 ft long and never once have I not been able to park anywhere a car or 2 can't !
If you do so few miles a year why not just take your Mh and avoid another lot of tax and insurance .

Vlad

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I've never sat in a panda or a 107 ,but have holidayed in cornwall and the islands off the west coast of Scotland ,
My MH is 24 ft long and never once have I not been able to park anywhere a car or 2 can't !
If you do so few miles a year why not just take your Mh and avoid another lot of tax and insurance .

Vlad

Main reason I need a second car is my wife will not drive the MH

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
@AT Fun
You would be surprised at the inner space in a 5 door 107. We often go out in the 107, wife at the helm, me as co-pilot, our 6' 4' ex Marine Son in law and my daughter in the back seats. Go try one out, it will really surprise you - it did me when we bought it. The flexibility when touring around is great fun and convenience of going off on adventures anywhere is big bonus.

Enjoy,
Trikeman.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have to say... we have a 2008 Pug 107.. LOVE IT...
5 doors and it does take 4 adults. Great town / runabout.. £20 a year tax. Cheap insurance.
Tyres, service, parts all cheap and easy to work on... The Auto box is a bit sluggish at times but does the job, had ours for 4 years.. If Trikemans had been a newer version I would have been up for it..

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Have just had a look at a 107 in the dealers yes there is more room than you expect so at the moment its between a 107 or a Panda.
There is a panda on ebay Broken Link Removed or Trikemans 107 depends which one gets closest to £2000 as that's my budget as I still have to sell the Sorento.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
The Peugeot will be having its new MOT when it's due in the next few weeks - so will be new. She will also be serviced the same time (same last yr and yr before) - I've not had her serviced at dealer as I know (and trust) the garage she gets looked after in currently.
Regards,
Trikeman.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Thanks for that Trikeman just one other point the Panda I am watching on Ebay seems to have the same A frame but has a lighting board I would have thought the cars own lights would of been used what does yours use?

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
If it's been properly done (not just an add on) the cars main lights would be used, wired properly and connected to the MoHo via caravan type connector.
However, I have seen some toads with lighting boards swinging about in the wind behind them. Using a light board would certainly be a cheaper option.
Strange he says it has the number plate changer on the car and a light board as then he wouldn't have either a number plate on the light board (or he has two) OR he has no numberplate lights on the one he has on the car whilst being towed with a light board above. Strange, but understandable from Welshpool.(n)

Didn't know TowTal did them with lighting boards though - never seen one.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp

Vlad
Planning on trip to west coast next year vlad how would i get on with 26 feet regards steve

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello Steve,our van is 24 ft and as said we manage everywhere we normally park right on the beach and after breakfast wash up and move on.
On one trip on Mull we ended up on a single track road through the forest and couldn't help thinking that it was all going to end in disaster ,thankfully it never did.In some of the more remote places the biggest hazard can be low overhanging branches on trees,less of a length issue and more of a height one.
A three point turn may not be possible however we always manage to turn if need be,normally reversing into a farmers gateway keeping the driven wheels on the road.
Most of the smaller roads lead somewhere and are used by tractors delivery vans and the likes so there's no reason with a bit of care that your Mh should be any different.
The scenery and the overnighting spots are well worth the effort in getting there,
Some of the country lanes around our village are worse than most of the roads in Paradise.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip.

Vlad

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi we tow a 1.4 twinport corsa behind 130bhp swift, pulls ok and car can take 4 people with space in boot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back