LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A quick temporary fix would be to get one of those 7n and 7s to 13 pin branch connectors then plug the 7n into your existing socket get a 7s socket and a length of 2 core cable and run that best you can to your habitation battery via an in line fuse using pins 3 and 4 that will give you a fully working system not elegant but will do until you get your new 13 pin socket sorted.
I already have one of THESE but of course it is the wrong way round (plugs into 13 pin socket)

I'm going to get a 13 pin socket tomorrow to replace the 7 pin on the m/h and run a temporary feed from the leisure batteries until the new year when I will do a permanent job.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
I'm going to get a 13 pin socket tomorrow to replace the 7 pin on the m/h and run a temporary feed from the leisure batteries until the new year when I will do a permanent job.

Thats basically what I am going to do but buying a 13 pin socket pre-wired with 2 metres of cable means I can do all the connections inside, I do not fancy cold fingers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thats basically what I am going to do but buying a 13 pin socket pre-wired with 2 metres of cable means I can do all the connections inside, I do not fancy cold fingers.
Good thinking .... however, my existing cable runs along under the m/h so I may get chilly pinkies.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Good thinking .... however, my existing cable runs along under the m/h so I may get chilly pinkies.

Mine runs under also I was going to cut it at the socket that gives me enough length to feed it through a hole under a seat, the new socket with 2 metres of cable reaches the same seat. Remove old socket and mounting bracket fit new mounting bracket and socket put heater on and do the rest inside.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just had this sent to me from Brian, who recommended the Tow-bars-to-tow-cars system to me...

As it say`s....... Thought it was nice of him... :nod: :xThumb:

(Quote)..... There is a guy think " AT FUN" on MHF who is asking about the car to tow system which you have posted on his post. I have a wireing diagram or one which i did myself if he would like it.
If you can ask for his email address i can send it to him or anyone else who requires it..

Thanks
Destination Unknown Team
Chris and Brian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just had this sent to me from Brian, who recommended the Tow-bars-to-tow-cars system to me...

As it say`s....... Thought it was nice of him... :nod: :xThumb:

(Quote)..... There is a guy think " AT FUN" on MHF who is asking about the car to tow system which you have posted on his post. I have a wireing diagram or one which i did myself if he would like it.
If you can ask for his email address i can send it to him or anyone else who requires it..

Thanks
Destination Unknown Team
Chris and Brian.

...... and another, cheers Mo.:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back